Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Oranjemund Bush Telegraph! / Local Wildlife Slaughtered!
« Last post by Michael Alexander on September 19, 2017, 12:38:55 PM »
It was foretold that the days of the unique wildlife wandering the misty green streets of Oranjemund would come to an end as the town changed towards becoming a normal town.

It came to pass that this past Saturday , poachers took it apon themselves to kill a gemsbok and even a seal that had been trapped in the mouth of the Orange river for the past week...

They then dumped the remains into skips operated by Perfect Skips down at a construction site down to the west of the town...

The owner was of the skips was mortified to find the remains on Sunday and got hold of the local Game Warden.

The community is in uproar with photographs and complaints flooding social media, yet no feedback is forthcoming from the MET on the incident. When will they wake up? Once everything has been destroyed?

These animals are what make Oranjemund special...

The Oranjemund Advertiser! / Re: NAMDEB JOBFINDER - 17 November 2016
« Last post by Michael Alexander on September 19, 2017, 12:26:47 PM »
That's an old one from last year, the mine is not recruiting at the moment..... tough times down here...
The Oranjemund Advertiser! / Re: NAMDEB JOBFINDER - 17 November 2016
« Last post by Richadeto on September 19, 2017, 06:05:10 AM »
Where can I find more information?
Oranjemund Bush Telegraph! / Do You Want Oranjemund Opened?
« Last post by Michael Alexander on September 07, 2017, 07:55:19 AM »
This was interesting,

Back in the day when the powers that be started the process to "open" Oranjemund, I mentioned to certain persons that they should have a referendum to see if the people living in the town actually wanted their town to be opened.

I further went on to say that if the referendum returned a result of 66% in favour then the powers that be had the mandate of the citizens of the town to proceed and that if anything went wrong, they could always fall back on the will of the people.

Of course no such referendum or poll was held.

Now that we are mere weeks away from this event happening, rumbling is afoot across the entire demographic spectrum , then I received a link..... a surveymonkey link on this exact question that should have been asked years ago....

Here is that link, feel free to express your democratic right ...

LINK: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WDPLXGR

I for one will be interested to see what the results are.
Lost Diamonds! / Re: RIP ~ Mike Stenson!
« Last post by Michael Alexander on September 04, 2017, 04:25:56 PM »
A Wake shall be held for Stennie on Saturday!
Oranjemund Bush Telegraph! / Crime Wave Weekend!
« Last post by Michael Alexander on September 04, 2017, 01:16:26 PM »
As we started the countdown to the opening of the town in six weeks time (Yes! I know it's way early, but we like to party and worry about the serious matters after the opening) , we hear of four break ins over the weekend... Including The School, Flower pot....

Those folk worried about an impending crime wave when the town opens, should'nt, it would appear it is already here...

:nono1:
« Last post by Uwe Leube on August 30, 2017, 11:27:23 AM »
RIP Mike. I remember our days together at OPS. Condolences to the family.
« Last post by Mike Voden on August 30, 2017, 08:33:37 AM »
We will miss Stennie when we are back in Oranjemund spending Christmas with the family. Christmas Day lunch will never be the same as Stennie was part of our extended family and for many years celebrated lunch with us. Mike often popped in to see Jenny and myself, just to have a chat and coffee during the days we were there, never needing an invite.
Mike you will be sorely missed...........
« Last post by henniek on August 29, 2017, 12:47:59 PM »
WHAT ? ! I recently e mailed Stennie. Less than 3 months ago I talked with Mike - via Skype
I am lost for words at present .  Condolences to the family
Lost Diamonds! / RIP ~ Mike Stenson!
« Last post by Michael Alexander on August 29, 2017, 08:55:29 AM »
I don't know if I should laugh or cry,

I doubt that Stennie or myself would ever in our wildest dreams think that we would be typing his name here.....

I am utterly shocked, angry, sad and confused...... as to why my friend, Stennie would do what he has done.....

I am still trying to understand, but no matter how often I play things over in my mind, it will not change a thing....

Stennie, was a moderator on this site from the very beginning, offering a wealth of knowledge to anyone that would listen, often correcting me on Oranjemund history......

Stennie was a good man, a generous guy and even more awesome at flipping meat on the braai....

Gillian, I am really sorry for the loss of your brother and I am battling to write anything that might help....

Stennie, RIP .... I am really gonna miss you......

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10