Author Topic: Scot Wallace  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Yvette Kroukamp (Biccard)

• Oranjemunder
Re: Scot Wallace
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 10:06:58 PM »
Now Mike,

I gotta say one thing to you about Rugby, cheetahs in particular. We moved here to The BIG Hole from CT, and WP is the team!!! Have you been to Bloem to check out the Cheetah fans. Mike, you dont fit the profile, s'true, what the hell happened??? Ok, as for the Griqua's, well that is a swear word for us WP supporters.

" ;)I'm not technical bout rugby, just love to watch a good game, Yvette"

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 10:09:18 PM »
Hey Yvette, I lived in Kimberley for a year...... Star of the West., the New Queens Hotel,.... Gee! I must have a drinking problem, I seem to know the name of a lot of bars!   ;)
OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 10:18:30 PM »
Ok Mike,

now I'm worried.  You need to get yourself up here some time. Some really nice pubs. The Occidental is the place nowadays. Did you ever go to the Halfway house. This is the teen bar in town.

Note, not comment on you being a cheetah supporter.  I cant remember Mike, but when I registered on the forum, Rian tells me that I had to swear allegiance to the cheetahs???? is he having me on???

Yvette

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 10:24:07 PM »
Hahahahaha...well Done to Riaan, I was wondering when somebody would notice that.....249 members later, it get's mentioned....I took the original "I agree" document and thought it was too long, so I modified it and put my own rubbish in there about diamonds and braai and off course that the CHeetahs are the best rugby team in the world....hahahaha... all for a joke.....

Halfway house, the only drive in pub in Africa..... Nice fireplace, two pool tables and 2 waiters for the cars outside..... halfway between town and Cassandra, where I stayed at the DeBeers Single Quarters... hehehehe!

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »

You bugger, just wait till I get up there!!!!!

Yvette

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 10:30:27 PM »
All in good jest Dear Yvette, all in good jest!   :D  :D  :D

Ok... My drugs are kicking in...and I must go doss, so gnite fellow Oranjemunders , wherever you are, enjoy your Friday, and welcome to Rhona, it's been a long time..... Chat  later...

;D

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 10:39:56 PM »
Hi Keith,

Yvette here (baby Biccard). Since we are living in Kby now, was wondering whereabouts you guys lived when you were here. Or have I got it wrong?

Love to Wendy

Yvette

Offline Debbie MacDonald (Wallace

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 10:08:20 PM »
Hi to all looking for Scott he is an anaesthesiologist (hope that spelt right) in a London Hospital his partner expecting their first baby next week will tell him to get himself registered  hi to all who know me

Debbie

Offline Keith Margetts

• Oranjemunder
  • Keith Margetts
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2007, 06:43:30 AM »
Hey Yvette,

Yes, I remember you . . .

You're testing my memory, Honey . . . we lived in Cassandra - for the life of me, I cannot remember the street (MacHardy, I think?) . . . number 5 or 7, probably 7???  Geez, my memory IS going . . . oh crap!! :-\   I'll have to confirm with Wendy - she will probably remember.    If the MacPhees (he was an engineer - a Scot) are still there, please give them my/our regards . . .

Anyway, our house was just across from the Mine Club . . . I used to walk over to play squash (for a season or two I played for Griquas, when they were short of players and scraped the bottom of the barrel . .  . also had the pleasure to play against Barry Richards' wife in the games against Nicky Oppenheimer . . . I beat her, because she had bronchitis . . . heh, heh, heh!!)   We had the Assistant GM on the one side of us . . . they were the last house in the road.  It took about a year to get used to Kimberley, but then I really enjoyed it . . . just to be transfered to Lime Acres, when I pulled the very short straw to be Management Accountant there.

I remember the Star of the West as if it was yesterday . . .

Regards,
Keith.