Author Topic: Steven Fields  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Bev Coates (Now Walker)

• Oranjemunder
  • Bev Walker (Coates) South Yorkshire
Steven Fields
« on: July 26, 2007, 01:26:32 AM »
has anyone any idea where Steven Fields is, I visited his mum last year but she hasnt seen him for years, i know quite a few people on here were looking for the fields girls so if anyone has any info at all on steven i would be very grateful. He was last known to be in worksop in nottinghamshire,
Also does anyone remember, Sandra Williams, i remember how we both stood screaming hysterically as i nearly trod on a snake one day on the way home from school,
And the Abrahams Linda and christine, mum dot and dad bill,  Teresa Soames is another i remember, Alison smith , Nicky Selby, Peter Watson, Brent and sonia ....nooooo cant remember their surname now,

bobbysmith

Re: Steven Fields
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »
yes bev i rember most of the names and can recall their faces,you mentioned brett and sonia,their surnames were allkers,brett was my best playmate in om,we grew up together,im sat here with a very heavy heart trying to finds the words to explain what happend all them years ago,you must have just left omwhen this happened but sadly brett died of severe sceptacemia after stepping on a rusty nail,mom took me to the hospital on his last day alive,i gave him all my best marbles too try to cheer him up but to no avail,after his funeral,father corthorne told my mom he was actually buried still holding some of the marbles,the sadness doesnt end there im afraid,tragically his mother could not come to turms with looseing her son and a few months later she hung herself,the are both burried in omund.sorry to have been the one to have informed you of this,take good care,bobbyx

Offline SandyB

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund 1956 - 1980 now in Woodstock Cape Town
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 12:16:31 PM »
Yes  Brent Olckers .. They  moved in  next  door  to  us  after  the  Barrats  moved  to 1st  avenue ...   Brent  and  I  were  also  friends ..  they  then  moved  to  13th avenue ..   the  story of  the  nail  in the  leg   and  I  think  a lot  of  misdiagnosis  in  those  days  and  then  it  was  finally  lung  cancer  that  got  him   .  My  dad  still  made  a  fish  tank  for  Brent  when  they were  in  13th avenue   that  was  I  think  in  his  last year ..  Actually  I remember  visits to  Brent  became  increasingly  hard  cos  he  did  not  take  too well  to  his illness  , being    in  pain  and incapacitated , they amputated  his  leg  in  an  efort  to  stop  the spread of  the cancer ..   he  died  I  remember  when I  was  in about  std  3  and  then  his  Mom  took  her  life  late  std 4 or  early  std  5 ...  it was  not  nice  to watch  auntie  Irene  unravel   after  Brents  death ( she  blamed  god  for  taking  her  son  away ) .  I  remember  her  becoming  very  clingy  with  me  cos  I reminded  her of  Brent ...  I  still  have in  my  memory  box   a  Volkswagen  beetle ( one  of  those  battery  powered jobs  that  scuttled around  bashing  into  furniture )   given  to  me  after his  passing  ..  the other   was  a   what was  then  state  of  the  art 9  transistor   radio   that was  bought  for  him ..   there is  a story attached  to  the beetle  that was  quite  eerie   ..tell  that some  other  time ...   anyhow  the  radio  was   my  pride  and  joy  .. pocket sized  and  ideal  for  listening to  LM radio  friday  night  11 pm  hit  parade .. .. you hid  it  under  pillow  put  ehad  to  pillow  and could  listen  without  being caught   after hostel  lights out ... 
To see  sometimes  requires that you  first believe .

Offline Bev Coates (Now Walker)

• Oranjemunder
  • Bev Walker (Coates) South Yorkshire
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 12:51:30 PM »
Hi Sandy,
 Thank's for that on brent and sonia. ive just been on the phone to bobby smih for the last hour, i read your message to him , it seems his mum did the same to bobby too.. poor brent, I remember sleeping at their house 1 night and sonia put curlers in my hair, which i had to try sleep in....painful...but she told me i had to suffer if i wanted to be beautiful...
What about the castle twins sandy, i know 1 of them got killed and the other is in cape town...but not sure which one was which.

Bev xx

Offline Robert Bruce

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »
Phil and Peter Castle. Not twins!

Sady and very tragically, Phil was killed up north during the border war. He would have gone on to gret things in life.

Peter also went on to become a successful property developer. I last saw him at Forries in Newlands. We had a few beers. He has done well for himself. They had the drive to succeed instilled in them by their Mum. Mrs Castle. Actually, she was a honey.

Mr Castle instilled in me the need to always have the best car! He had Mercedes. I got Land Rovers!

What happened to Gwendoline their elder sister?
ROBERT BRUCE

bobbysmith

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 10:22:23 PM »
rob, didnt mrs castle have twin boys?so sorry to have heard of phils demise,gwendoline was a friend of kays or lilians,mrs castle tought me in sub b.little story here,mrs castle walked into the retail store one day,sporting a lovely necklace,this after a school jumble sale,my mom serving her said,what a lovely necklace,ive got one just like it,f~~~ me,i got a good twatting that nite,that will teach me from taking other peoples belongings without permission.

Offline Nicky Hodge

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 05:20:25 AM »
Yes, it was very sad about Phil ! He must have been a SACS old boy, as I seem to recall the headmaster announcing this at assembly when I was in Std.6.

Offline Robert Bruce

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 03:05:32 PM »
Yes they were SACS boys with the Webstocks. I used to visit the boarders at SACS on my Sundays off from WBHS.

ROBERT BRUCE

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 09:07:15 PM »
I see over on Facebook, Steven's sister,Sharon Fields has just met up with him after last seeing him 29 years ago....

OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

Offline Diana Rudd (Boehme)

• Oranjemunder
  • 1960- 1981
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 09:58:10 PM »
MMMM best I go spy that out. New him well back in the day.
O.P.S -1969, Springfield Convent -1970, Holy Cross Convent-1972., Centaurus-1974
I got around.

Offline Paul (Pepe) Freemantle

• Oranjemunder
  • Pepe Freemantle
    • StemTech
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 08:13:06 AM »
I remember Steven Fields very well. Steven and my late brother Tony were good buddies and got up to a lot of s..t. I would like to know where Steven is as well, anyone got contact details to please send them to me or post for all to see. Thanks.
Born in Oranjemund 1953 and left January 1980. Stemtech South Africa Distributor. ID 5843126. http://marynaf.stemtechbiz.com or http://marynaf.stemsport.com. Changing Lives with Sharing the STEMTech Opportunity.