Author Topic: Would you take the H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
Would you take the H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine?
« on: May 28, 2010, 01:13:38 PM »
Here in Namibia, the winter has arrived and the National gov is embarking on a H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccination drive...... I did a bit of research, and a lot people have abstained from taking it, or giving it to their kids....... various reasons stated, are that it contains dangerous levels of mercury..... trial tests were rushed through and we are yet to discover all side effects....

What are your thoughts?

msn emoticon (224)
OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

Offline Bertie Horak

• Oranjemunder
Re: Would you take the H1N1 Swine Flu Vaccine?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 08:15:14 AM »
NO!    Why?....
1. I hate injections - prefer to be on the other end of the sharp stuff.
2. I will be hoping that my own immune system will be able to fight off infection.
3. My experience with flu vaccines - the one you get now, is already out of date - flu viruses mutate easily, and a slight difference in their genetic make-up might cause the vaccine to be ineffective.
4.  If your immune system is fighting against the vaccine stuff (even though weakened or broken down virus proteins...), how much of your immune system is free to build up the necessary antibodies to current/unknown viruses?

Just my way of thinking.  If you have taken it in the past and it proved to be effective, by all means carry on, or if your doctor recommended it because your immune system is weakened due to other factors and you might not be able to fight off a true infection,.... your decision!
Oranjemund 1965-1982.

Offline henniek

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »
I believe the new vaccine has been withdrawn from the market . It has severe side effects , eg serious dizziness / vomiting / etc that sets in about a week or two after a person received the injrction . You have to experience it to appreciate the goor feeling .
No Pharmacy in RSA stock it any langer .

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 03:45:37 PM »
Just go to youtube and do a search for H1N1 vaccine , check out the yankee news clips, one shows a woman that became crippled after taking the vaccine.....

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 02:01:07 PM »
Declaring a swine flu pandemic was a 'monumental error', driven by profit-hungry drug companies spreading fear, an influential report has concluded.

It led to huge amounts of taxpayers' money being wasted in stockpiling vaccines, it added.

Paul Flynn, the Labour MP charged with investigating the handling of the swine flu outbreak for the Council of Europe, described it as 'a pandemic that never really was'.

The report accuses the World Health Organisation of grave shortcomings in the transparency of the process that led to its warning last year.

The MP said that the world relied on the WHO, but after 'crying wolf', its reputation was in jeopardy.

The report questions whether the pandemic was driven by drug companies seeking a profit. Mr Flynn said predictions of a 'plague' that would wipe out up to 7.5million people proved to be 'an exaggeration', with fewer than 20,000 deaths worldwide.

Britain braced itself for up to 65,000 deaths and signed vaccine contracts worth 540million.
should we be worried.jpg

The actual number of deaths was fewer than 500 and the country is now desperately trying to unpick the contracts and unload millions of unused jabs.

The focus on swine flu also led to other health services suffering and widespread public fear.

Pharmaceutical companies, however, profited to the tune of 4.6billion from the sale of vaccines alone.

Mr Flynn said: 'There is not much doubt that this was an exaggeration on stilts. They vastly over-stated the danger on bad science and the national governments were in a position where they had to take action.

'In Britain, we have spent at least 1billion on preparations, to the detriment of other parts of the health system. This is a monumental failure on the WHO's part.'

The Council of Europe inquiry heard allegations that the WHO had downgraded its definition for declaring a pandemic last spring  -  just weeks before announcing there was a worldwide outbreak.

Critics said the decision to remove any need to consider the deadliness of the disease was driven by drug companies desperate to recoup the billions of pounds they had invested in developing pandemic vaccines after the bird flu scares.
300 million.jpg

But the WHO said its basic definition of a pandemic never changed.

Mr Flynn said: 'It doesn't make any sense as to why they should have changed the definition a month before declaring an outbreak.

'In this case, it might not just be a conspiracy theory, it might be a very profitable conspiracy.'

A Daily Mail investigation earlier this year revealed more than half of the swine flu taskforce advising the Government on its strategy had ties to drug companies.

Eleven of the 20 members of the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies had done work for the pharmaceutical industry or are linked to it through their universities.

Concerns about drug companies' influence are also highlighted by a separate investigation by the British Medical Journal and the London-based Bureau of Investigative Journalism.
one in five.jpg

It found that key scientists behind the WHO's advice on stockpiling pandemic flu pills such as Tamiflu had financial ties with the drug companies that stood to profit. The WHO last night firmly rejected all the criticism.

Spokesman Gregory Hartl said: 'There is no question of this being a fake pandemic. If fits the criteria for a pandemic, which is a new virus to which human beings have little or no immunity and which has spread around the world.

'It spread from zero to 74 countries in the space of 9 weeks  -  that's a pandemic.'

He said that not all ties to drug companies were necessarily conflicts of interest.

Offline toonfandangl

• Oranjemunder
  • I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 02:38:22 AM »

msn emoticon (224)

Our local doctor is doling out these jabs (they are free for us oldies) Margaret went to see her a few weeks ago, and when she came out (I was in the waiting room) she said she had been informed by the doctor of all the benefit's of having the HINI swine flu jab so she had it done.............................. Then my dear wife said, the doctor asked if I was in the waiting room ......................Well I was out of that room like shit of a shovel image203..............Im' thinking of finding another doctor.  image04

Freedom is the freedom to say two plus two makes four. If this is granted then all else follows".......George Orwell 1984........UTRINQUE PARATUS.

Offline SandyB

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund 1956 - 1980 now in Woodstock Cape Town
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 04:26:17 PM »
Been reading lots of articles on  the  " conspiracy " part of  it ... people on WHO  with connections to the  drug producers ,,,  most  interesing was the one in the big issue ,,, a decidely apolitical  publication dealing  more with  social  interest ,, the vendors  are  the down and out  who get a share of the sales ..  the sales  part of it the first step in trying to get these folk back into the mainstream of society ...
To see  sometimes  requires that you  first believe .

Offline Bertie Horak

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 09:25:30 AM »
Been a big problem for me - the drug companies and hidden agendas. That's why I try and look at all medicines/products further than their names and claims...  Even when it says "scientifically proven", it doesn't fool me. These studies are often funded (and researchers paid by) the same people who will benefit financially by selling the medicine. Of course their results will only show the positive aspects, not always honest, and without lying just hiding all the facts... I might be too skeptical, but that's me.
Sandy, regarding "The big issue", I think it's a wonderful publication, trying to uplift the people who need it most. Bravo to them. It's been going on for a while, and I'm glad it's lasting and not just a flash project gone in one month. KFM radio also supports them and asks the listeners constantly to support these vendors.
Regarding the flu injection... didn't get one, and still surviving. I think I'm working my germs to death.... yesterday did 6 hours of hard manual labor, digging, preparing 5 rows in the tunnel for herbs (put end-to end this would be a stretch of 100 meters). Was sweating good, even though the temperature rarely reached 12 degrees... No germ could survive that. Come to think of it, the way my back and arms feels today, it must have shocked the bugs to death!
Oranjemund 1965-1982.

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 01:39:41 PM »
Here's an article I found today, two years after we NEVER had our kid's injected....

"Swine flu vaccine may have been responsible for a sudden increase in cases of narcolepsy among schoolchildren in Finland, a study has found.

The sleep disorder is characterised by periods of extreme drowsiness, sudden naps, and paralysis attacks.

Scientists spotted a sudden increase in narcolepsy rates among Finnish children early in 2010.

Side effect: Scientists in Finland believe a sudden rise in narcolepsy rates among children may be due to the swine flu vaccine
Research showed it was associated with the Pandemrix vaccine, given to children to protect them against H1N1 swine flu.

One study found that the incidence rate of narcolepsy among children and teenagers under the age of 17 shot up 17-fold after the vaccinations.

In contrast, the incidence rate for adults over 20 was unchanged.

The study compared narcolepsy rates between 2002 and 2009, and 2010.

During the first period, the rate for children was 0.31 per 100,000 individuals. After swine flu vaccination, it rose to 5.3 per 100,000.

A further study involving the same researchers, led by Dr Markku Partinen from the Helsinki Sleep Clinic, collected narcolepsy and vaccination data for children born between January 1991 and December 2005.

It found that narcolepsy incidence for vaccinated individuals was 13 times higher than for those who were unvaccinated.

Research: The study found that narcolepsy incidence for individuals vaccinated with Pandemrix was 13 times higher than for those who were unvaccinated
Both studies appear in the online journal Public Library of Science ONE.

The researchers concluded: 'We consider it likely that Pandemrix vaccination contributed, perhaps together with other environmental factors, to this increase in genetically susceptible children.'

The scientists suspect the vaccine may have contributed to an auto-immune effect linked to narcolepsy.

Offline SandyB

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund 1956 - 1980 now in Woodstock Cape Town
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 08:22:54 PM »
my  homeopathic pharmacy  have their  own version  of a " vaccine " its pretty succesful , combines the kickers to promote  body response and also build up immunity ,, I  shal be stocking up on pelargonium root extract  for home and the shop ,, the minute staff show any signs I dose them with the pelargonium and tonsillium ,,,  it works ..
To see  sometimes  requires that you  first believe .