Author Topic: My first contact since 1983  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Henk Coetzee

• Oranjemunder
My first contact since 1983
« on: February 24, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »
Well, I am so glad to have found this board, and to see so many familiar names here!

First things first, I am Henk Coetzee, son of Alma and Basil Moutsatsos. Basil was the bakery manager in Oranjemund for many years, and passed away in december 1985 while visiting me in Jhb. Alma is still around, living in east London with my grandmother, who is at the ripe old age of 94 this year.

Basil was known for his love of big cars, and drove the 2 Ford Fairmonts he had al around town, one of them being the Mustard colored 351 V8. We lived a couple of houses down from the Cinema in 9th street.

My sister was Alice (Aliki) who married Giel Huishamen in Oranjemund in 1984. Basil was very good friends with Keith Ager, and pinned the "koos"  nickname to Keith, Keith and Alma worked together at Town Building maintenance.

As for myself, I worked school holidays at the cinema,sometimes the Post office, and Mine Building Maintenance, did a lot for the Youth Club with Miss Coetzee and did what every young lad did those years,part party, party! I was in school in jhb in matric, and in 82 I was in Namakwaland hoer, and caught the bus home on weekends with a couple of other kids from the same school,

Some of the friends I had was  brothers Gary and Hendrik, the Gonsalves Brothers, Richard Andrew, Uwe sacks, etc etc.

I have loads of pics to share, and I would dearly like to get into contact with any one that new me, or my family.

Oranjemund 1979-1984~Hoerskool Academia Windhoek/HTS Hostel~Namakwaland Hoerskool 1981-1982. Kensington High Matric 1983

Offline Sheena

• Oranjemunder
Re: My first contact since 1983
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 02:11:22 PM »
Hi Henk,
I am married to Garry du Toit and his brother Hendrik is somewhere in Northern Transvaal - last we heard he was in Louis Trichard.  You can e-mail Garry on GaryD@na.bellequipment.com

Offline Carl Zeelie

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 02:38:56 PM »
Hi Henk,
I remember Giel Huishamen...his younger brother, Leon, spent some time at Affenrucken as well...was a Mining Supervisor prior to moving to Security.
Kind regards

Offline Henk Coetzee

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 02:55:02 PM »
This is awesome! Please tell Gary to keep in contact, we shared a boarding school room, and were best mates for a long time in Oranjemund.

Yes, I have seen Leon a couple of times in windhoek in the 90,s Still involved in security but now lost track of him, Giel was last I knew of in Mosselbay,  I  do have contact with his sons on Facebook.

Thanks for the feedback!
Oranjemund 1979-1984~Hoerskool Academia Windhoek/HTS Hostel~Namakwaland Hoerskool 1981-1982. Kensington High Matric 1983