Author Topic: Winter Time Change!  (Read 1460 times)

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
Winter Time Change!
« on: April 21, 2013, 04:39:57 PM »
Well here in old Namibia, we set our clocks back by one hour compared to that in the good ol' republic, what do you think of it?
OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

Offline Charles Scheepers

• Oranjemunder
Re: Winter Time Change!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 05:24:44 AM »
Monkey see, monkey do.... ape
We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. - Albert Einstein (18791955)

Offline toonfandangl

• Oranjemunder
  • I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my
Re: Winter Time Change!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:19:38 PM »
We don't have daylight saving here in Queensland they did have a referendum on this putting the clocks back or forwards as the case may be, but two states below us NSW and Victoria do interfere with their clocks and they did trial run it here for a couple of years. People west of the coast line complained that they could not get the kids to bed because the sun was still shinning and other complaints  were that the extra sun light faded the curtains. One lady we know she would keep her clocks at the same time as she said she would not be able to know what time to put the dinner on the table ..........but that's  Qld for you.

Freedom is the freedom to say two plus two makes four. If this is granted then all else follows".......George Orwell 1984........UTRINQUE PARATUS.