Author Topic: Oranjemund Community Notices!  (Read 9632 times)

Offline Dalene Steenkamp (Coetzee)

• 1973 - 1983
  • Oranjemunder
  • To be of service - not to be served!
Re: Oranjemund Community Notices!
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2008, 09:34:01 PM »
I think we're gonna need like 5 bottles of the stuff!  I've got some good recipies I can give you in regards to the common ailment of women  :  headace tea.........   (now the men are going to make appointments with you)!   202 
Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier. Friendship is a sheltering tree.

To be clever enough to get a great deal of money, one must be stupid enough to want it.

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other cannot keep it from themselves.

bobbysmith

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2008, 09:43:27 PM »
i hope the last posting was not ment for me darlene,i do not want to look at any more mens bits for as long as i live,being an ex rugby player i have seen enough to turn a turtles tummy,mite appeal to some but thankfully not me,ps send me the convenient dates that you will be available for the inspection  trex-073 msn emoticon (46)

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 11:58:30 AM »
FOr the 17th July 2008:
-------------------------------

Something happened this evening that unsettled me.  I sincerely hope we will not see more of it in our town.

I was in our bedroom when a stranger knocked on our front door.  He wore a Manchester United Tshirt.  We don't know his name.

When my wife,  who answered the door,  asked what he wanted,  he said that he was seeking help.  When she asked what kind of help,  he answered that he needed money.  He did not state for what purpose he needed the money.  Obviously he was turned away.

I decided to spread this news to everyone I could think of.  We do not need this in Oranjemund and I sincerely hope that our local authorities will stamp out this type of behaviour,  before it gets out of hand.

Perhaps I should stop wearing my Manchester United shirt.  Perhaps the individual thought I would be a soft touch,  based on shared football sentiments.

Thanks for your time.

Dennis Binneman
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Outage!
When:                    Sunday, 20 July  2008, 08h00 -16h00
Areas Affected:   Whole of town   
Reason:                  Shutdown required to do maintenance on the  town substations. 
Please use water sparingly and remember to treat all power outlets as  live as the power might be switched on earlier than planned.   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

URGENT - LOST
Bunch of keys with brown leather sandal holder.
Please contact 081 250 8986 if found.

Mazda Sting 1.3 Model 2002. Very Good Condition! N$36 000-00 Contact Nr 081 350 4809.

Looking for a flat/apartment to rent in Stellenbosch from 2009 onwards.
Please contact me on 081 122 0430 / 235762.

Wanted:
Looking for a Toyota Rav4 to buy. Should preferably have manual transmission.
Please phone 081 311 7421 or 233414 (ah)

OKAJOLLA LAUNDRY AND PUTT-PUTT FOR SALE!!!
CONTACT LETTIE AT CELL:  0811281049 FOR MORE DETAILS

For sale: 2007 Opel astra Assentia: Esten Grey, motoring plan, 17inch chrome rims with original mags, 6 airbags, electric windows, aircon, fullhouse, only 54000 km on the clock. Still sell for 154000 dollars. My price is 145000 dollars 10% deposit included or 131000 dollars. Pic.available on request. Please contact carlo at 0812735606/0812232672 or at work 237364.

For sale: 2003 Toyota 2.7 Raised body; white with tralies, bulbar, xcallibars; mags, front new tyres, 175000km on the clock, full service history, full house. NAD 115000 only. Please contact carlo @ 0812735606 or 237364

For sale: 2000 Toyota 2.7 Raised Body 4X4; full house, metallic silver with tralies, 230000 km on the clock, 95000 NAD only.
Please contact carlo @0812735606 or 237364

PC FOR SALE
-BUILT FOR GAMING AND MULTIMEDIA-
In EXCELLENT condition
Specs:
• AMD  3000+ 1.81Gigahertz Processor
• 768 megabytes RAM
• 120 gigs Hard drive space
• 256 megabytes Graphics Card (Radeon X1600xt)
• MODERN motherboard
• DVD Writer (multi-format)
• Modem
• Tower: Thermaltake Tsunami Dream (excellent airflow, fully modded with lights and fans, lockable, see-through side panel)                 
See Picture
   (Comes with all its software)
   N$ 5700 (negotiable)
Contact Dennis or Michael at:
Home: 232911 or Cell: 081 280 6857
It just doesn’t get any better than this!!

Kanaal 7
30-31 Julie - Kanaal 7 Radiothon 
12 September - loslitdag

DUNE RIDE – 26 July 2008
26 July 2008
09:30
@ the Off Road Club

Silverline transport
20 July Oranjemund to N1 City/Boland
27 July N1 City/Boland to Oranjemund

Office hours:  Monday – Friday:
09:00 – 12:00 & 14:00 – 17:00
Please contact Amilda Coetzer on tel: 233149,
S.A. Cell – 083 711 6051 (only while we are in S.A.)
or via email: jacoetzer@iway.na

CHANNEL 7 RADIOTHON
The 14th Radiothon presented by Channel 7 will held from 30 July to 1 August at Furnmart. A team of Oranjemund Channel 7 committee members will be at their listeners service equipped with telephones, fax machine, donation forms, etc. so that people can donate, pledge and or bid money on donated items. Our vision is to maintain the Oranjemund transmitter station and assist our main branch in expanding this Christian radio station through out the whole of Namibia, with specific emphasis on getting our neighbour town Rosh Pinah on the air. We invite all to come and enjoy this three days with us at Furnmart.

Oranjemund Channel 7 Committee   
Contact Dennis Binneman at 081 280 6857 for more information

NG KERK BASAAR 
Datum:   2 Augustus 2008 
Tyd:       10h00
Plek:      Rec Klub

Magda Greyling
Datum:   1 Augustus 2008
Tyd:       18h30
Prys:      N$50.00 p.p.
(sluit vingerete in)
Kaartjies beskikbaar by:  081 242 2253

NOTICES FROM REGIONAL COUNCILLOR'S OFFICE
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES FOR THE RECRUITMENT OF NAMIBIA DEFENCE FORCE (NDF) IS AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING PLACES:
OMADHINA GAA MBOKA YA PITAMO MWAA MBOKA YALI YA NINGA OMAYINDILO KO NDF OTAGA MONIKA POMAHALA TAGA LANDULA
-       REGIONAL COUNCILLOR’S OFFICE
-       ORANJEMUND SPAR
-       ORANJEMUND POLICE / NATIS OFFICE
-       SANDS HOTEL  - OMBONGE CC OFFICE
-       ROSH PINAH POLICE AND ROSKOR TOWNSHIP

TOIVO NAMBALA   REGIONAL COUNCILLOR

VACANT WORKSHOP PREMISES
Two (2) vacant workshops are available at Industrial Park (old TBM) opposite the Mine Store for light industrial activities and measure 46.2m² and 27m² respectively. 
The workshops are being offered “voetstoots” and as it stands.  All improvements will be for the account of the prospective tenant.     
Interested entrepreneurs may collect application forms from the Private Enterprise Administrator – OTMCo, tel no 235880.
Completed forms with the relevant documentation must be returned to the same person in sealed envelopes no later than 15 August 2008 at 16H00. 

The weight loss breakthrough that is taking the world by storm”

Are you frustrated by not being able to reach your ideal weight?
Tired of designer diets that don’t produce results?
Feel guilty when you overeat?
Embarrassed by your appearance?
The answer to your questions is:

“Revolutionary new slimming gel that will totally transform your body – 100% guaranteed”

Suppress & regulate your appetite       NO MORE – feeling self conscious about your appearance
Reduce your cravings for food   NO MORE – Embarrassment about being overweight
Improve skin tone       NO MORE – Frustration whilst trying to follow diets   
Reduce appearance of cellulite  NO MORE – Lack of energy       
Increase body detoxification    NO MORE – Poor skin tone & cellulite   
Have more energy and vitality         
Feel the effects much faster           
Save loads of money           
Increase your convenience             

·       With your purchase you will receive 2 x 125ml tubes, which is at least a month’s supply (Cost: N$320.00)
·       The application is really easy.
·       Just pick the areas you want to tone the most and rub a small amount of gel into then 2 – 3 times a day for the first week, then reduce applications to once or twice a day, once your appetite has been suitably suppressed.
·       Then just watch as the excess weight melts away
·       Your skin tone improves and you get the gorgeous body you want!
·       Unlike other products on the market, there are absolutely no unpleasant side effects to using our HOODIA SLENDER GEL.

Feel free to contact Mariaan (081 352 9601) or Malinda (081 376 0791)

COMMUNITY VISIONING WORKSHOP ON FORMULATION OF NAMIBIA’S COSTAL POLICY
RESIDENTS OF ORANJEMUND CONSTITUENCY ARE HEREBY INVITED TO COMMUNITY VISIONING WORKSHOP ON FORMULATION OF NAMIBIA’S COSTAL POLICY.
DATE:           SATURDAY, 19 JULY 2008
VENUE:          OPS SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
TIME:           14H00
COMMUNITY MEMBER’S ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND THIS IMPORTANT WORKSHOP BECAUSE YOUR INPUT WILL MAKE THIS POLICY MAKING PROCESS A SUCCESS!

TOIVO NAMBALA   REGIONAL COUNCILLOR

AAKALIMO YOMOLANGE OTA MU HIWA KOSHIGONGIILONGA SHINASHA NOKU THOLOMAPO OMILANDU NKENE EENZO DHOPAUSHITWE DHOKOMINKULOFUTA  DHINA OKU LONGITHWA.
ESIKU:          19 JULY 2008
EHALA:  SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
ETHIMBO:        14H00
ALIKANA AAKALIMO AMUHE YOMOSHITOPOLWAHOGOLOLO SHA LANGE OTAMU INDILWA NESIMANEKO ENENE OPO MUYE KOSHIGONGIILONGA SHIKA.  EGWEDHELEPO NENGE EPULO LYOYE OLYA SIMANA NOONKONDO, OTALI KA KWATHELA WO OPO OMILANDU DHATUMBULWA DHI  NGONGWE NAWA.

TOIVO NAMBALA   KANSELA GWOSHITOPOLWAHOGOLOLO SHALANGE

TENDER
VACANT PLOT FOR PETROL STATION
An ideal business opportunity has arisen in town.
A plot has been identified as ideal for a petrol station in town.  This plot measures 5,030.10m² and is situated at the entrance to town in the same area as the Eastgate Complex.  The plot is being offered “voetstoots” and as it stands.   
Interested entrepreneurs may collect application forms from the Private Enterprise Administrator – OTMCo, tel no 235880.
Completed forms with the relevant documentation must be returned to the same person in sealed envelopes no later than 15 August 2008 at 16H00.  A further requirement as part of the business plan is to specify the monthly rental amount that interested parties will be prepared to pay for the premises.  Tenders will not automatically be awarded to the highest bidder.

CANDLE LIGHT DINNER
ON THE 2ND OF AUGUST THE ORANJEMUND YOUTH CLUB WILL BE HOSTING A CANDLE LIGHT DINNER AT THE ERIC DAVIES YOUTH CLUB. TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE SO BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW.
TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE FOR N$35.00 PER PERSON.
WE WILL ALSO HAVE A DANCING GROUP AND ALSO HAVE BEAUTIFULL VOICES ALL THE WAY FROM WINDHOEK,THEY WILL TAKE YOU BACK INTO TIME WITH SOME OLDIES AND SOME GOSPEL.
GET YOUR TICKET NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.

Ashwin & Bonita Hartney
Youth workers
Tell: 063-234810
Fax: 063-234810
Cell: 081 328 9929

SNOOKER & DARTS CLUB REMINDER
Membership fees for 2008 were due by the end of April 2008.
The deadline for payment of said fees has been extended to 31 July 2008.
Members who have not paid by this date will have to re-apply for membership.
A deduction sheet is available at the club for Namdeb employees.

2008 SOCIAL CALENDAR
Friday, 25 July                 Christmas in July Ladies Dinner @ the Riding Club
26 & 27 July                    Orange River Classic (golf)
30 & 31 July                    Channel 7 Radiothon on 104.4 FM
1 August                        Channel 7 Radiothon on 104.4 FM
1 August                        Magda Greyling by die Rec Club
2 August                        NG Church Bazaar at the Rec Club
02 August                       Hockey Club Dance – watch this space
Saturday, 9 August              Paddocks Coffee Shoppe at the Riding Club
Friday, 15 August               Hockey Club Quiz Evening
Tuesday, 26 August              Heroes’ Day
3 September                     Secretaries Day
5 & 6 September         Orangeriver Mouth Tournament
06 September                    Hockey Club open – Party Time
11 September                    Community Meeting @ OPS Auditorium
12 September                    Channel 7 Loslitdag – assistance to Namibian senior residents                   
13 September                    Spring Day @ the Races & Coffee Shoppe
Tuesday, 16 September   World Ozone Day
Mid September 2008              Hockey Club Pinelands Tour (Date to be confirmed)
27 September                    Rock Festival at the Hockey Club
Saturday, 27 September  World Tourism Day
27 & 28 September               Nashua Oranjemund Open (golf)
30 September – 1 October        Jewish Holiday
04 October                      Hockey Club open – Party Time
Monday, 6 October               World Habitat Day
Tuesday, 7 October              Goodwill Day
Saturday, 11 October            Paddocks Coffee Shoppe at the Riding Club
16 October                      Bosses Day
31 October                      Dinner with the Horses of the World @ the Riding Club
31 October                      Halloween
13 November                     Community Meeting @ OPS Auditorium
14 November                     Hockey Club Quiz Evening
Saturday, 15 November   Paddocks Coffee Shoppe at the Riding Club
End November 2008               Hockey Club End Of Year Function – Theme: Costume Ball
Monday, 1 December              World Aids Day
Wednesday, 10 December  Human Right's Day
Thursday, 25 December   Christmas Day
Friday, 26 December             Family Day

OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

Offline Cheryl Quantrill (van Greunen)

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 02:53:53 PM »
 image201  I wonder if you will disappear completely if you use the 'revolutionary slimming gel" long enough. Imagine, we could give our mother-in-laws bumper boxes of the stuff for christmas!
OPS '66-73
Star of The Sea '73-'76
St Cyprians '76-78

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2008, 09:23:08 AM »
for the 22 July 2008

"Subject:        Community notices - 22 July 2008

FINAL PROGRAM: REGISTRATION FOR VETERANS

Attached please receive the FINAL PROGRAM for registration of Veterans in Oranjemund Constituency.  There was a typing  error in the first program that was published on the Minewide that the registration in Oranjemund Constituency is on 12 July 2008. 

Again there are changes that registration will now take place in Oranjemund and not in Rosh Pinah only as it was reflected on the first program.   Registration program in Oranjemund Constituency is now scheduled as follows:

DATE                            TOWN                        TIME   
 21 JULY 2008             ROSH PINAH              07H00 - 14H00
 22 JULY 2008            ORANJEMUND            07H00 -13H00

This Office is apologise for any inconvenient caused by these corrections and changes.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAJOLLA LAUNDRY AND PUTT-PUTT FOR SALE!!!

CONTACT LETTIE AT CELL:  0811281049 FOR MORE DETAILS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NIGHT LEAGUE BOWLS

By popular demand and with the movement of the lights at the Oranjemund Bowls Club we are starting the Night League with effect from the 25th July 2008 and every Friday evening thereafter up to and including the 15th August 2008.

This is an invitation to enter mixed teams of 4 from your Department and/or other clubs. We are looking for 12 teams to play in the first round. Each team will play one game per evening with two games on the 15th August 2008. A game consists of 7 ends and the teams will play in sections with winners of a section playing the winners of the other section.

Woods or bowls are available at the club all you need is N$ 50 per player or N$ 200 per team. Prizes for the winners and others will be on offer.

Starting times are 18:00 next Friday evening i.e. the 25th July 2008 at the bowls club.

On sale at the club will be light meals for participants and spectators as well as your friendly barman behind the counter, Sylvanus. 

In the event that your favourite team is playing rugby on that evening the TV will be on so you can follow the match.

Members of the club will also be contacting you with respect to this fun event.

You can book your team with:
Sheena du Toit – 233425 Cell 0812073914
Coreen van Staden – 235318
Pat Durant – 239061 Cell 0811229521

BLUES AND BUSKERS EVENING WITH SNOBLIND

To all those budding musicians or closet rock stars, come to the Bowling Club on Friday evening the 25th July for a Blues and Buskers evening with SnoBlind.

The band will be attempting a few Blues standards mixed in with some regular songs and they invite you to bring along your guitar, keyboard etc. to show off your talents.

Please remember to try and bring along lyrics should you want the band to do the vocals but also feel free to sing yourself.

See you there.

JAARLIKSE WILDSFEES 2008 – ROSH PINAH

Trans Gariep Sport Skiet en Jag Klub

1 & 2 Augustus 2008
By die Anglo Sport Complex Rosh Pinah

Vrydag, 1 Augustus 2008
17:00   Hekke en stalletjies open
        Dans met DJ

Saterdag, 2 Augustus 2008
08:00   Skiet kompetisie by die skietbaan
10:00   Hekke en stalletjies open
        Speletjies word deur die dag aangebied
        DJ speel musiek deur die dag
        Vleis veiling
21:00   Dans saam met Magda Greyling

Kontant kroeg en kos beskikbaar tot laat in die aande

Allerhande stalletjies: Kos, hand gemaakte goedere, tuisgebak, souvenirs, ens.
Besprekings vir stalletjies kontak 081 298 7127

Verblyf: Vir afslag akkommodasie kan Four Seasons Lodge geskakel word by 063 – 274416
Kontak persone:
Eugene Walters          081 127 2808
Tokkie Schutte          081 256 4491
Louis Dry               081 124 0893

VISITING SPECIALIST

Please take note that Dr PJC Buys – ENT Specialist will be visiting Oranjemund from 29 July – 01 August 2008.
Contact Rickey @ 238074 for an appointment

DUNE RIDE – 26 JULY 2008

<<DUNE RIDE 26 JUL 08.jpg>>

CELEBRATING 100 YEARS IN MINING & CONSERVATION

The Environmental Section is hosting a series of presentations by leading Sperrgebiet scientists as part of celebrating 100 years of mining and conservation in the Sperrgebiet.

Namibia is a member of the Convention on Wetlands, and the Orange River Mouth is one of Namibia’s Ramsar sites.  In order to monitor the condition of the Orange River Mouth, wetland bird counts have been done on a regular basis since 1995.  Holger Kolberg has been participating in the counts since their inception and will share with you some of the interesting findings

Title:            The Orange River mouth - a Ramsar site of note
Presenter:    Holger Kolberg
When:          Monday, 28 July 2008
Time:           18:00
Where:         School Auditorium

Raising awareness for Namibia’s magnificent flora is one of the objectives of the National Botanic Garden, a division of the National Botanical Research Institute. The Botanic Garden also contributes to conservation by developing methods to grow and multiply indigenous plants to rehabilitate disturbed areas. Silke Rügheimer, the manager of the Botanic Garden, will take you on a walk through her work and talk about some of the collaborative projects with Namdeb.

Title:            The role of the National Botanic Garden in plant conservation
Presenter:    Silke Rugheimer
When:          Wednesday, 30 July 2008
Time:            18:00
Where:         School Auditorium

Ronel van der Merwe             Environmental Manager           Tel: 239321

NG KERK BASAAR 

Magda Greyling
(sluit vingerete in)

SILVERLINE TRANSPORT

27 July 2008    N1/Boland to Oranjemund

S.A. Cell – 083 711 6051

KANAAL 7 RADIOTHON

Die Kanaal  7 Radiothon word vanaf 30 Julie tot en met 1 Augustus by Furnmart gehou. Lede van die Oranjemund Kanaal 7 komitee sal in diens wees om ons luisteraars deur hierdie projek by te staan wanneer donasies en veilings deur hulle gedoen word en dan oor die lug uitgesaai word. Telefoon nommers om te skakel sal sowat twee dae voor die tyd deurgegee word. Ons sender se doel met hierdie deelname is om ons sender se onderhouds kostes te dek asook om die Oranjemund publiek meer bewus te maak van die stasie se doelwitte. Ons nooi almal uit om die drie dae saam met ons te geniet deur of ons te besoek by Furnmart of om in te bel gedurende die tydperk.

Oranjemund Kanaal 7 Komitee   
Kontak Dennis Binneman by 081 280 6857 vir meer informasie.

ORANJEMUND CRICKET CLUB

The Oranjemund Cricket Club would like to start the new season with a 20/20 Over competition, and hereby wish to invite all cricketers, as well as non-cricketers interested, to enter their names. Teams will be selected to even strength to accommodate players of all different levels.  If you can wield a bat, or think you can toss a ball down the pitch, than this is the game for you. We are looking to start this competition end of August to beginning of September. 

We are hoping to make this a very sociable and enjoyable event, and hope that we can attract a large number of players out there. 

To enter your name, please send an e-mail to martin.nel@namdeb.com or phone at 23 7358 (W). 

For those not on Outlook, please inform them, and send their names through as well. 

BIBLE QUIZ AND BIG WALK!

ALL YOU OUTDOOR LOVERS – THIS IS FOR YOU….. KEEP READING!

JOIN THE YOUTH OF THE FILADELFIA INTERDENOMINATIONAL GROUP
FOR A FUN-FILLED WEEKEND!

BIBLE QUIZ
DATE:   5 SEPTEMBER 2008
TIME:   18:00
VENUE: FILADELFIA CHURCH BUILDING
COST:   $10 PER TEAM OF 2 PARTICIPANTS
POTJIEKOS FOR SALE!!!!

BIG WALK FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY FROM THE BEACH
DATE:  6 SEPTEMBER 2008
TIME:   07:00
VENUE:  INFRONT OF INFOTECH/POST OFFICE

COST:   $10 PER ENTRÉE

“OUMA-SE-KOMBUIS” AVAILABLE AFTERWARDS FOR REFRESHMENTS!!!!

FOR APPLICATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT: 0812558227/0812201208

Mr. Mercer Leeb from Old Mutual will be visiting Oranjemund during the week of
4-9 August 2008.

Early retirement and voluntary separation can be a stressful decision, should you need advice or guidance contact me, I will give you guidance and work out the best solution for you for a stress free and happy retirement and investment.

I can be contact for professional advice on:
Retirement
Volentory Seperation (VS)
Investments
Life Insurance
Business Insurance
Last Will and Testament
Any other financial matters

Mercer Leeb,
Financial Advisor
Tel: 063 245404
Cell: 0812899494
Email: a403791@oldmutual.com

TENDER

A plot has been identified as ideal for a petrol station in town.  This plot measures 5,030.10m² and is situated at the entrance to town in the same area as the Eastgate Complex.  The plot is being offered “voetstoots” and as it stands.   

Completed forms with the relevant documentation must be returned to the same person in sealed envelopes no later than 15 August 2008 at 16H00.  A further requirement as part of the business plan is to specify the monthly rental amount that interested parties will be prepared to pay for the premises.  Tenders will not automatically be awarded to the highest bidder.

VACANT WORKSHOP PREMISES

Two (2) vacant workshops are available at Industrial Park (old TBM) opposite the Mine Store for light industrial activities and measure 46.2m² and 27m² respectively. 

The workshops are being offered “voetstoots” and as it stands.  All improvements will be for the account of the prospective tenant.     

Completed forms with the relevant documentation must be returned to the same person in sealed envelopes no later than 15 August 2008 at 16H00. 

NATIONAL IMMUNIZATION CAMPAIGN

All children under the age of five years to receive Polio and Vitamin A vaccines on the following days, irrespective of their immunization status:

1..Round Two: 29_30 July 2008
2..Venues: Crèches, OPPS, Spar, Namdeb Community Health Clinic and State Health Clinic

Enquiries: State Clinic, tel 23 4678
                Namdeb Clinic, tel 23 8045

CANDLE LIGHT DINNER

ON THE 2ND OF AUGUST THE ORANJEMUND YOUTH CLUB WILL BE HOSTING A CANDLE LIGHT DINNER AT THE ERIC DAVIES YOUTH CLUB. TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE SO BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW.

WE WILL ALSO HAVE A DANCING GROUP AND ALSO HAVE BEAUTIFULL VOICES ALL THE WAY FROM WINDHOEK,THEY WILL TAKE YOU BACK INTO TIME WITH SOME OLDIES AND SOME GOSPEL.

GET YOUR TICKET NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT..
Ashwin & Bonita Hartney
Youth workers
Cell: 0813289929

REHOBOTH’S RADIO STATION “LIVE FM 90.3”
RAFFLE DRAW

Sponsored by GWM, Honda & Live FM
Prizes
1st - GWM Multiwagen
2nd - Honda Four Wheel Motorbike
3rd - 5 x N$ 1000.00
4th - 2 x N$ 500.00

- One ticket for N$ 30.00
- Two tickets for N$ 50.00
- A book of 10 tickets for only N$ 250.00
You can’t miss out on this one!!!!!!!
Closing date:  20 September 2008

VACANT PREMISES

The old Jukskei Club and grounds situated at the entrance to town is available for entrepreneurs wishing to renovate and utilise the premises.  The premises may be used for a variety of business opportunities, but excluding bars or any trade in liquor and noise generating industrial or manufacturing workshops.

Interested developers may collect application forms from the Private Enterprise Administrator – OTMCo, tel no 235880.

Completed forms with the relevant documentation must be returned to the same person in sealed envelopes no later than 24 July 2008 at 16H00.  A further requirement as part of the business plan is to specify the monthly rental amount that interested parties will be prepared to pay for the premises.   

HOODIA SLENDER GEL

“The weight loss breakthrough that is taking the world by storm”

Are you frustrated by not being able to reach your ideal weight?
Tired of designer diets that don’t produce results?
Feel guilty when you overeat?
Embarrassed by your appearance?

The answer to your questions is:

“Revolutionary new slimming gel that will totally transform your body – 100% guaranteed”

Suppress & regulate your appetite       NO MORE – feeling self conscious about your appearance
Reduce your cravings for food   NO MORE – Embarrassment about being overweight
Improve skin tone       NO MORE – Frustration whilst trying to follow diets   
Reduce appearance of cellulite  NO MORE – Lack of energy       
Increase body detoxification    NO MORE – Poor skin tone & cellulite   
Have more energy and vitality         
Feel the effects much faster           
Save loads of money           
Increase your convenience             

With your purchase you will receive 2 x 125ml tubes, which is at least a month’s supply (Cost: N$320.00)
The application is really easy.
Just pick the areas you want to tone the most and rub a small amount of gel into then 2 – 3 times a day for the first week, then reduce applications to once or twice a day, once your appetite has been suitably suppressed.
Then just watch as the excess weight melts away
Your skin tone improves and you get the gorgeous body you want!
Unlike other products on the market, there are absolutely no unpleasant side effects to using our HOODIA SLENDER GEL.

Feel free to contact Mariaan (081 352 9601) or Malinda (081 376 0791)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 SOCIAL CALENDAR

Friday, 25 July                 Blues And Buskers Evening With Snoblind at the Bowling Club
Friday, 25 July                 Christmas in July Ladies Dinner @ the Riding Club
26 & 27 July                    Orange River Classic (golf)
30 & 31 July                    Channel 7 Radiothon on 104.4 FM
02 August                       Hockey Club Dance – watch this space
06 September                    Hockey Club open – Party Time
12 September                    Channel 7 Loslitdag – assistance to Namibian senior residents                   
Tuesday, 16 September   World Ozone Day
Mid September 2008              Hockey Club Pinelands Tour (Date to be confirmed)
31 October                      Dinner with the Horses of the World @ the Riding Club
End November 2008               Hockey Club End Of Year Function – Theme: Costume Ball
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2008, 11:49:49 AM »
FOr the 1st of August 2008

"Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 7:33 AM
Subject: Orajemund eNews - 1 August 2008

FOR SALE: 1 x lounge suite - N$2,900-00. 1 x TV Trolley - N$300-00. Phone 0811221169
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WANTED: Looking for Knitting/Croquet/sewing patterns for 18-19” (46-48cm) dolls.
Please contact Leonie on Tel: 233255 h  Cell: 0811229492
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KANAAL 7 RADIOTHON

Die Kanaal  7 Radiothon word vanaf 30 Julie tot en met 1 Augustus by Furnmart gehou. Lede van die Oranjemund Kanaal 7 komitee sal in diens wees om ons luisteraars deur hierdie projek by te staan wanneer donasies en veilings deur hulle gedoen word en dan oor die lug uitgesaai word. Die telefoon nommers om te skakel op die items wat u will bie is: 234775 en 234776 en die faks nommer is 234779. Maak tog gebruik van die geleentheid en luister saam die drie dae na 104.4 FM. Oranjemund is op die lug om 10:20. Ons nooi almal uit om die drie dae saam met ons te geniet deur of ons te besoek by Furnmart.

The Channel 7 Radiothon held at Furnmart from 30 July to 1 August will have the following numbers available for listeners to phone to: 234775 and 234 776 with the fax number being 234779. Please use these numbers to bid for items or make donations. Please listen to 104.4 FM for these three days. We are on air at 10:20. The funds raised will be used to maintain the transmitters.  We invite all to come and enjoy this three days with us at Furnmart.

Oranjemund Kanaal 7 Komitee   

Kontak Dennis Binneman by 081 280 6857 vir meer informasie.

NG KERK BASAAR 

Magda Greyling
(sluit vingerete in)

The ULTIMATE clubbers night!!
Friday- 01 August 2008
Venue: Don Esteban
Time: From 22h00
Great MUSIC and GREAT SPECIALS!!

SnoBlind @ the Shepherds Lodge
SnoBlind will be rocking the Lodge on Friday, 1st August. The gig will kick off at 20h30.

KITCHEN 
Friday, 1 August 2008
Order your lunch and the dessert will be on the house.
Phone 234786
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PADDOCKS Coffee Shoppe
OPEN:  Saturday, 9 August
TIME:   12 – 3pm
We serve light lunches & interesting eats for the sweet tooth!
Pony rides: 12 to 1:30pm
Tractor rides:  As per demand
Also on sale are cooldrinks, boerewors rolls & chocolate brownies.
Bring the family to the Riding Club & enjoy the afternoon together.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORANJEMUND BOXING CLUB (OBC) 1ST AGM
Oranjemund community is invited to attend the first OBC AGM.
We will be introducing the members of the committee to the community and discussing the upcoming tournament to be held at the OBC.
WHEN :  Sat. 9th August 2008
TIME:           16:00
WHERE:  Oranjemund Boxing Club
For further info, contact: Toivo Kamati (Chairman - OBC) on 234638 (h)
                                    or Sakkie Jooste on 236645 (w)

CANDLE LIGHT DINNER
GET YOUR TICKET NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT.
Ashwin & Bonita Hartney
Youth workers

SILVERLINE TRANSPORT
15 August       Oranjemund to N1 City/Boland
23 Aug          N1 City/Boland to Oranjemund

PADDOCKS Coffee Shoppe on Saturday, 13 September
presents a day with a difference
      Light lunches
      Decadent cakes
      Stalls to satisfy your retail therapy
      Wine & malt stand
      Pony & tractor rides
      Lucky draws
      Pony races & others

Support local and enjoy a day with the family at the Riding Club.
Thank you to our sponsors thus far:  FNB, Oranjemund Pupkewitz, Rennies & Bank Windhoek.
Watch this space for more information.

COMMUNITY MEETING
OTMCo

Date:   14 August 2008
Venue:  Zacharia Lawala Hall
Time:   18H00
AGENDA
1. Oranjemund Proclamation Process
2. Civic responsibilities
3. Update from Councilor Office

GOSPEL SHOW
See attachment

BIBLE QUIZ AND BIG WALK!
ALL YOU OUTDOOR LOVERS – THIS IS FOR YOU…..
KEEP READING!
BIBLE QUIZ
POTJIEKOS FOR SALE!!!!
FOR APPLICATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT: 081 255 8227 / 081 220 1208

ORANJEMUND OFF-ROAD CLUB UPCOMING EVENTS
See attachment

ATTENTION CRAFTERS
Crafters are you wanting to sell your wares?
Looking for the ideal venue?
On Saturday, 13 September PADDOCKS Coffee Shoppe
presents a day with a difference!!!
Take in the beginning of spring with us at
A DAY AT THE RACES
Your stall is only N$25.
For more information or to book your stall please call
Kellie v/d Merwe on 0813323415.

ROMAN CATHOLIC RAFFLE DRAW
We are inviting everyone to support us by buying a ticket!
By buying yourself a ticket for ONLY N$400.00 and you can win one of the following prizes: -
1st Prize               N$ 100 000.00
2nd Prize       N$ 45 000.00
3rd Prize       N$ 25 000.00
4th Prize       N$ 10 000.00
5th Prize       N$ 5000.00
6th Prize       N$ 2500.00      (X2)
7th Prize       N$ 1000.00      (x5)
8th Prize       N$ 500.00       (x10)
Ticket can be brought from the following people:
Lazarus Kapolo          – 081 2628861
Nicolene Christian      – 081 2868331
Dominikus Iipinge       – 081 2440526
Abraham Thomas  – 081 1287839
Please take note that computer deductions are available.

FLAMINGO'S SUNDAY BUFFET
3rd AUGUST 2008
12H00 – 14H00
Minestrone Soup with cocktail rolls
Goujons of Hake with Tartar Sauce
Hungarian Goulash
Leberkase
Lemon and Herb Chicken
Roast Lamb
Selection of veggies
Roast potatoes, savoury rice
Selection of confectionary and desserts
Coffee/Tea
N$95.00
Please book to avoid disappointment
Flamingos:  235326              Vainess:  235454

OP MY STOEP
Restaurant & Lodge
Buffet
Sunday, 3 August 2008
12:30
Roast Chicken
Roast Beef
Savoury Rice
Soya Potatoes
Pumpkin Cakes
Veggies / Cheese Sauce
Salad Bar
Dessert Bar
Call Fanie on 081 127 5837
or 234223

ELOOLO COFFEE BAR
Tel: 232483

Hamburger Combo
From Wednesday to Saturday
30 July - 2 August 2008

Combo no 1:
Big all regular burger
Chips & 330ml can
@ N$32.00

Combo no 2:
Big all cheese burger
chips & 330ml can
@ N$36.50

Combo no 3:
Big all bacon & cheese burger
Chips & 300ml can
@ N$40.50

JAARLIKSE WILDSFEES 2008 – ROSH PINAH
Trans Gariep Sport Skiet en Jag Klub

1 & 2 Augustus 2008
By die Anglo Sport Complex Rosh Pinah
Vrydag, 1 Augustus 2008
17:00   Hekke en stalletjies open
        Dans met DJ
Saterdag, 2 Augustus 2008
08:00   Skiet kompetisie by die skietbaan
10:00   Hekke en stalletjies open
        Speletjies word deur die dag aangebied
        DJ speel musiek deur die dag
        Vleis veiling
21:00   Dans saam met Magda Greyling
Kontant kroeg en kos beskikbaar tot laat in die aande
Allerhande stalletjies: Kos, hand gemaakte goedere, tuisgebak, souvenirs, ens.
Besprekings vir stalletjies kontak 081 298 7127

Verblyf: Vir afslag akkommodasie kan Four Seasons Lodge geskakel word by 063 – 274416
Kontak persone:
Eugene Walters          081 127 2808
Tokkie Schutte          081 256 4491
Louis Dry               081 124 0893

TENDER
Completed forms with the relevant documentation must be returned to the same person in sealed envelopes no later than 15 August 2008 at 16H00. A further requirement as part of the business plan is to specify the monthly rental amount that interested parties will be prepared to pay for the premises. Tenders will not automatically be awarded to the highest bidder.

VACANT WORKSHOP PREMISES

2008 SOCIAL CALENDAR
9 August                        Off Road Club - Mini Rally
5 September                     Philadelfia Bybel Quiz
6 September                     Off Road Club – Fun Day
6 September                     Philadelfia Big Walk with Ouma Kombuis
7 September 2008                Hockey Club Pinelands Tour
Tuesday, 16 September   World Ozone
4 October                       Off Road Club – Main Rally for 2008
18 October                      Off Road Club - Dune ride
15 November                     Off Road Club - Dune ride
Friday, 26 December             Family Day"

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2008, 05:57:13 PM »
Latest:

"Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 4:06 PM
Subject: [SPAM] FW: Community notices - 19 August 2008

OTMCO COMMUNITY NOTICE

ORANJEMUND

TOWN ROADS RESEALING PROJECT

OTMCO would like to inform the residence of Oranjemund that as part of the ongoing thrust to provide 1st class service to the community a few roads have been earmarked for resealing. The exercise will increase riding quality and extend the life of the roads. The project will commence on 15 August 2008. The contractor is Brink and Heath Civils Namibia.

We are appealing for your cooperation during project execution. Certain roads will be closed to facilitate resealing work and we regret the resultant inconvenience. Below are the roads to be resealed.

·       6th Avenue

·       14th Avenue

·       15th Avenue

·       16th Avenue

·       17th Avenue

·       8th Street and

·       Okawe roads

Enquiries please phone on 081 122 9630 or 081 122 9411.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUSINESS COMMUNITY MEETING

Oranjemund Town Management Company (Pty) Ltd

Date:   19 August 2008

Venue:  Recreation Club

AGENDA

1.  Findings on the Business Confidence Survey: SME Compete

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHEPHERD’S LODGE PARTY

Spitbraai with music by Dave Macmillan

On Friday, 22 August 2008

19:00 til late

Uncle G’s Birthday Party

All regular customers welcome

No cover charge!!!!

Just come and enjoy the evening.

A GOSPEL SHOW

BY THE VESSELS OF HONOUR WITH GUEST APEARANCES BY:

MN JOHNSON & !OUBASEN

WHERE:  ZECHARIA LEWALA HALL

WHEN:           12 SEPTEMBER 2008

DAMAGE:         N$50.00/ADULT   $25.00/CHILD

TIME :          18H00 SHARP UNTIL LATE

FILADELFIA INTERDENOMINATIONAL GROUP

Lang arm dance & Steak Evening with live band – REHO COMBO

Date: 31 October 2008

Place: Recreation Club

Time: 18h30 for 19h00

Prize per ticket: N$ 100.00

Tickets can be deducted from your computer number.

Tickets available now

Please buy your ticket to avoid disappointments

Please contact: Howard or Hermien: 233615 (h) Cell: 0811491194

Carol: 233833 (h) Cell: 0812540081

COME AND ENJOY THE EVENING WITH US.

J & P CALL-CENTRE NUMBER (24 HOURS)

0800 234 789

Oranjemund residents are hereby requested to phone the above number if any general repairs or maintenance are required at their homes or businesses.

SILVERLINE TRANSPORT

15 August       Oranjemund to N1 City/Boland

23 Aug          N1 City/Boland to Oranjemund

JEN'S SLIMMING

Summer is around the corner, so get that body ready for the holidays.

The sooner you start the better.

Special for Aug - Oct

Loose weight, gain Health!
Special for Aug-Oct.

Buy 1 month and have as many sessions as you can!

Loose weight the healthy way, no fad diets.

Only N$300. Save up to 30%

Terms and conditions apply.

Also available on order, famous RS K6 diet plan (injections, vitamins, diet plan)

Also available on order, RS K6 Diet plan consisting of:

Injections (twice a week)

Folic Acid– 30 tablets

Multi Vitamin – 30 tablets

Kel 6 – 30 tablets

Appetite suppressant – 30 tablets

3 diet plans to choose from.

Only N$250 for a month’s supply!

Contact Janene @ 081 208 0351 or 234262 a/h

HOCKEY CLUB END OF YEAR FUNCTION

Beginning of November – date to be confirmed soon

Theme: Dress as you wish (spiderman/fairy/rugby player/ king/a deck of cards/in your Sunday suit - anything goes)

Put this on your calendar and get those creative juices flowing so long to get your outfit ready for the event …

More information to follow soon

BIBLE QUIZ AND BIG WALK!

ALL YOU OUTDOOR LOVERS – THIS IS FOR YOU…..

KEEP READING!

JOIN THE YOUTH OF THE FILADELFIA INTERDENOMINATIONAL GROUP FOR A FUN-FILLED WEEKEND!

BIBLE QUIZ

POTJIEKOS FOR SALE!!!!

FOR APPLICATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:

081 255 8227 / 081 220 1208

VISITING SPECIALIST – DR HOLM - DERMATOLOGIST

Please take note that Dr Holm will be in Oranjemund at Namdeb Hospital from 19-21 August 2008.

Contact Sylvia @ 238010 for your appointment date.

ORANJEMUND BOWLING CLUB NIGHT LEAGUE

By popular demand and with the movement of the lights at the Oranjemund Bowls Club we are starting the Night League with effect from the 26th September and every Friday evening thereafter up to and including the 17th October 2008.

This is an invitation to enter mixed teams of 4 from your Department and/or other clubs. We are looking for 12 teams to play in the first round. Each team will play one game per evening with two games on the 17th October 2008. A game consists of 7 ends and the teams will play in sections with winners of a section playing the winners of the other section.

Woods or bowls are available at the club all you need is N$ 50 per player or N$ 200 per team. Prizes for the winners and others will be on offer.

Starting times are 18:00 each Friday evening as from 26th September 2008 at the bowls club.

On sale at the club will be light meals for participants and spectators as well as your friendly barman, Sylvanus behind the counter.

In the event that your favorite team is playing rugby on that evening the TV will be on so you can follow the match.

Please contact one of the following people to enter your team, the closing date for entries is 24th September 2008.

Coreen van Staden – 235318, coreen.vanstaden@namdeb.com                 

Lynne Long – 232947, namsec@iway.na

Michelle Pretorius – 235231, michelle.pretorius@namdeb.com     

ELCIN SUNDAY SCHOOL BAZAAR

Saturday, 04 October 2008

Venue – Park at 5th Avenue along side the road to East Gate

Time – 09h00 – 13h00

Everybody is well come and parents are being encouraged to escort their children to the Bazaar

ORANJEMUND OFF-ROAD CLUB

Upcoming Events

6 September 2008

FUN DAY

Where:                          Next to the Yacht Club

Entry:                                  09h00

Scruteneering:                  10h00

Start:                                  10h30

Entry fee:              N$50-00

Format:                 Mini Vasbyt; 1/4 Mile Sprint, Drifting & Gholf MX

Entertainment:          (Draught on Tap) , Live rugby on big screen with dinner and dance

4 October 2008

RALLY (Main Rally for 2008)

Where:                          Off-Road Club

Entry fee:

Format:                 ± 300km event, Year MAIN EVENT, Team Racing : CT vs PE vs WINDHOEK vs ORANJEMUND

Entertainment:          Jumping Castle, Snacks, Cash Bar, Live rugby on big screen with dinner and dance

18 October 2008

DUNE RIDE

Entry fee:              N$ 20.00 P/P OR N$ 50.00 / CAR

Format:                 FAMILY EVENT IN DUNES

Entertainment:          Dune Boarding for Kids and Bring & Braai at the Club House with a Dance

15 November 2008

DUNE RIDE

Entertainment:          Dune Boarding for Kids and Bring & Braai at the Club House with a Dance

IMPORTANT:

Any person who wishes to enter Oranjemund town area, must apply for clearance (permit to enter diamond area).

WITHOUT CLEARANCE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ENTER ORANJEMUND TOWN AREA !

To apply, submit your I.D. to Wilmarie van Jaarsveld 3 weeks prior to the event.  Tel: (+264 63 233773) email: wvj@mweb.com.na

Before you leave for Oranjemund, phone +264 63 236100 during office hours (keep your I.D. nr handy) and ask if your clearance have been approved. If you still need assistance phone Wilmarie 233773.

FOR ANY FURTHER QUERIES OR A PERMIT TO ORANJEMUND, PLEASE CONTACT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE: RENE VAN JAARSVELD 081 280 6748, DEWALD VAN JAARSVELD 234533/081 269 9164 JOHANN WALTERS 0812791677 or THOMAS POTGIETER 0812928831

ORANJEMUND YOUTH CLUB, END OF AUGUST CAMP

The Oranjemund youth club will be hosting a camp on the 28th -31st August at Hohenfels. The camp will only be for grades 5-7, so if you want to send your kid to the camp please send your kid to the youth club on Thursday at 17h00 to pick up a consent form, because they will not be allowed to go if they have nor filled in a form.

The fees for the camp is N$120.00 per child. The rest of the information will be on the letter.

Thank you for your cooperation..

For any question you can contact us at the telephone numbers below....

Ashwin & Bonita Hartney
Youth workers

ARE YOU PART OF THE ONE PERCENT THAT HAVE SAVED ENOUGH FOR RETIREMENT?

Are you deciding to go on early retirement or taking voluntary separation and you do not know if you will cope outside with your money. Please make an appointment with me and I will be able to assist you with a cash flow statement to show what the future will hold for you. Sanlam offers also very good products into which we can invest your pension to save the most on tax. Contact me at the following telephone numbers or visit me at my office.

Tel  233586

hvanzyl@mweb.com.na

No 3-7 th Avenue

Oranjemund

Helene van Zyl

Sanlam Financial Advisor

PIANO TUNERS

Piano tuners will visit Oranjemund during the first week of September.

If you would like to have your piano tuned contact Natalie du Plessis for an appointment at 0811490917 / 0812562364 / 234650 / or

natalie.duplessis@namdeb.com

STALLS

Come and sell your wares

At PADDOCKS Coffee Shoppe

on Saturday, 13 September 2008

It promises to be an exciting & well attended day!

to book your stall as soon as possible.

RAFFLE DRAW

Prizes

1st - GWM Multiwagen

3rd - 5 x N$ 1000.00

4th - 2 x N$ 500.00

OLD MUTAL – MR MERCER LEEB

Early retirement and voluntary separation can be very stressful, especially to maintain a quality life style thereafter.

Did you know? : (According to Old Mutual statistics)

·       Should you retire at the age of 55 years, the average lifespan of men are 17 years and females 22 years.

·       More than 70% retirements make use of OLD Mutual’s investment instruments.

Do you need any advice or guidance to prepare yourself and plan a stress free and happy retirement?

You can contact me for professional advice on following:

·       Retirement

·       Voluntary Seperation (VS)

·       Investments

·       Life Insurance

·       Business Insurance

·       Last Will and Testament

·       Any other financial matters

Mercer Leeb,

Financial Advisor

Tel: 063 245404

Cell: 0812899494

Email: a403791@oldmutual.com

2008 SOCIAL CALENDAR

Friday, 22 August               Shepherd’s Lodge Party – Uncle G’s Birthday

5 September                     Philadelfia Bible Quiz

5 - 8 September 2008            Hockey Club Pinelands Tour

12 September                    Gospel Show – Zacharia Lewala Hall             

31 October 2008         Philadelfia Church - Langarm dans - Reho Combo Band

Beginning of November   Hockey Club End Of Year Function – Theme: Dress as you wish (spiderman/fairy/rugby player/ anything goes)

28-29 November          Oranjemund Cultural Festival

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2008, 07:01:27 PM »
Subject:        Community notices - 4 September 2008

ORANGE RIVER MOUTH NETBALL TOURNAMENT!!!!

The sport event of year is here:
When:           Friday, 05th and Saturday, 6th September 2008
Where:         Oranjemund Netball Club
Time:            18h00 - until late (Friday)
                    08H00 - (Saturday)

Everyone is invited to have fun with us for two days.
Ladies from Luderitz, Windhoek, Rosh Pinah is participating.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ELCIN SUNDAY SCHOOL BAZAAR

Saturday, 04 October 2008
Venue – Park at 5th Avenue along side the road to East Gate
Time – 09h00 – 13h00

Everybody is well come and parents are being encouraged to escort their children to the Bazaar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIBLE QUIZ AND BIG WALK!

BIBLE QUIZ
POTJIEKOS FOR SALE!!!!

FOR APPLICATIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:

081 255 8227 / 081 220 1208

STALLS

Come and sell your wares

PADDOCKS COFFEE SHOPPE

on Saturday, 13 September
presents a day with a difference

Light lunches
Decadent cakes
Stalls to satisfy your retail therapy
Wine & malt stand
Pony & tractor rides
Lucky draws
Pony races & others
Support local and enjoy a day with the family at the Riding Club.
Thank you to our sponsors thus far: FNB, Oranjemund Pupkewitz, Rennies & Bank Windhoek.
Watch this space for more information.

EXHIBITION STALLS

<<Exhibition Stalls.doc>>

TENDER INVITATION FOR THE CATERING BAR FACILITIES AND BEER TENT

<<The Tender invitation for the catering bar facilities and beer tent.doc>>

THE FLOWER POT
Available at The Flower Pot – Eighth Avenue
Tel: 233635 or 232642

Assorted Rose Trees (roosbome)
Flower seedlings (blom plantjies)
----------------------------------------------------------

CRICKET PROGRAMME FOR 6 SEPTEMBER

13:00 - all players and teams in clubhouse for rules of the day (NB!!! - please)
13:45 - Knight Riders vs Daredevils (Super Kings to umpire)
15:30 - Loser match 1 vs Super Kings (Winner Match 1 to umpire)
17:15 - Winner match 1 vs Super Kings (Loser Match 1 to umpire)
19:30 - 20:00 AGM

Fires will be lit at 18:00
Big screen will be available also for the afternoon’s rugby.

Captains contact details: 
KNIGHT RIDERS - Kerneels Brockman (234400 after hours)
DAREDEVILS - Sean Du Preez (081 149 0915)
SUPERKINGS - Martin Nel (martin.nel@namdeb.com)

CRICKET CLUB AGM       

Notice is hereby given of the AGM of the Oranjemund Cricket Club to be held on 6 September 2008 at 19:30 in the clubhouse of the Cricket Club.

Agendas will be available at the door.

All former, aspirant and interested players and members of the community are invited to attend.

The AGM will be preceded by three 10-over matches as launch of the new cricket season for 2008/9.
Team lists will be posted at the club by Thursday, 28 August 2008. Members of the community wishing to become playing members can add their names to the list.

Please feel free to contact any of the persons below should you wish to become a playing member of the club.

TONY TRIPODI    tripodi@mweb.com.na
MARTIN NEL      Martin.nel@namdeb.com

A GOSPEL SHOW BY

THE VESSELS OF HONOUR WITH GUEST APEARANCES BY:                                       
MN JOHNSON & !OUBASEN

WHERE: ZECHARIAS LEWALA HALL
WHEN:13 SEPTEMBER 2008
DAMAGE: N$50.00/ADULT   $25.00/CHILD
TIME : 18H00 SHARP UNTIL LATE

ELOOLO COFFEE BAR
Tel: 232483

WEEKEND SPECIAL

Golden fried hake, two prawns, eights crumbed calamari rings, four marinara mussels served with fried rice
Choice of garlic or tartar sauce.

N$100-00 per person (no sharing)
Please phone and place your orders in advance

RAFFLE DRAW

<<Raffle Poster (A4).pub>>

PASTA GALORE

Op My Stoep
Sunday, 7 September 2008
From 12:00

Why cook for Sunday lunch if we can do it for you?
Variety of pasta dishes

For bookings, please phone 234223 / 081 127 5837

Tickets available now 

AGM - ORANJEMUND GOLF CLUB

Notice is hereby given of the AGM of the Oranjemund Golf Club to be held on 29 October 2008 at 19:00 in the clubhouse of the Golf Club.

All former, aspirant and interested players and members of the community are invited to attend.

By popular demand and with the movement of the lights at the Oranjemund Bowls Club we are starting the Night League with effect from the 26th September and every Friday evening thereafter up to and including the 17th October 2008.

This is an invitation to enter mixed teams of 4 from your Department and/or other clubs. We are looking for 12 teams to play in the first round. Each team will play one game per evening with two games on the 17th October 2008. A game consists of 7 ends and the teams will play in sections with winners of a section playing the winners of the other section.

Starting times are 18:00 each Friday evening as from 26th September 2008 at the bowls club.
On sale at the club will be light meals for participants and spectators as well as your friendly barman, Sylvanus behind the counter.

In the event that your favorite team is playing rugby on that evening the TV will be on so you can follow the match.
Please contact one of the following people to enter your team, the closing date for entries is 24th September 2008.

ANNUAL PAPSMEAR AND BREAST EXAMINATION CLINIC BY
Cancer Association of Namibia

Date:           16 – 17 September 2008
Time:           08h00 – 16h00
Venue:          Namdeb Community Health Clinic
Cost:           N$10
Enquiries contact Namdeb Clinic @ 238045

CHANNEL 7 CASUAL DAY/ KANAAL 7 LOSLITDAG 12 SEPTEMBER

Listeners are reminded to please support our local committee in raising funds for NOAH (Namibian Old Age Helpfund). In short it improves the quality of life of Namibian’s elderly people. Funds raised will be paid directly into their account where it can be used by NOAH to purchase wheelchairs, spectacles, operations, etc. for Namibians that qualify.

Yellow stickers on sale at N$10 are for adults and red stickers are for children at N$5 each. On 12 September people can dress up to a chosen theme or wear casual clothes to school. This is our first time we partake in this yearly event, so please share our compassion towards our elderly to make this day a huge success. We will be standing at Spar on Saturday morning.

Elderly Namibians who want to find out more if they qualify can contact any local committee member. Listen to 104.4FM.

Enquiries please phone Dennis Binneman at 0812806857 or Remi Leemans at 0811229526 (a/h)

CONTACT DETAILS
ORANJEMUND CONSTITUENCY OFFICE

Tel:  063 – 233367 (Switchboard)
Fax: 063 – 233366

Regional Councillor’s Contact details
Direct Tel:     063 – 234435
Cell: 081 268 8774
tnambala@karasrc.com

Natis Office:
Tel: 063 – 232861
Fax: 063 - 232862

ORANJEMUND OFF-ROAD CLUB
Upcoming Events

6 September 2008
FUN DAY
Entry fee:              N$50-00
Format:                 Mini Vasbyt; 1/4 Mile Sprint, Drifting & Gholf MX
Entertainment:          (Draught on Tap) , Live rugby on big screen with dinner and dance

IMPORTANT:
Any person who wishes to enter Oranjemund town area, must apply for clearance (permit to enter diamond area).
To apply, submit your I.D. to Wilmarie van Jaarsveld 3 weeks prior to the event.  Tel: (+264 63 233773) email: wvj@mweb.com.na

Before you leave for Oranjemund, phone +264 63 236100 during office hours (keep your I.D. nr handy) and ask if your clearance have been approved. If you still need assistance phone Wilmarie 233773.

FOR ANY FURTHER QUERIES OR A PERMIT TO ORANJEMUND, PLEASE CONTACT ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE: RENE VAN JAARSVELD 081 280 6748, DEWALD VAN JAARSVELD 234533/081 269 9164 JOHANN WALTERS 0812791677 or THOMAS POTGIETER 0812928831

RAFFLE DRAW

Prizes
1st - GWM Multiwagen
3rd - 5 x N$ 1000.00
4th - 2 x N$ 500.00

J & P CALL-CENTRE NUMBER (24 HOURS)

0800 234 789

Oranjemund residents are hereby requested to phone the above number if any general repairs or maintenance are required at their homes or businesses.

2008 SOCIAL CALENDAR

5 September                     Philadelfia Bybel Quiz
5 - 8 September 2008            Hockey Club Pinelands Tour
12 September                    Channel 7 Casual day – assistance to Namibian senior residents 
4 October                       Rock Festival at the Hockey Club
Beginning of November   Hockey Club End Of Year Function – Theme: Dress as you wish (spiderman/fairy/rugby player/ anything goes)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 08:19:17 AM »

----- Original Message -----
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:07 PM
Subject: Oranjemund eNews - 10 September 2008

Wanted:
Avocado pears, fresh from the tree
Willing to buy
SMS or Contact Antionette 081 27 70 727
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

COMMUNITY MEETING
OTMCo

Date:   11 September 2008
Venue: Recreation Club

AGENDA
1.      OSHIPE Development Fund
2.      New Fees for Fitness Certificates for Formal and Informal Businesses

Your attendance will be highly appreciated.
Socio-Economic Department
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OCF NOTICE
THE ORANJEMUND CHILDREN’S FUND would like to thank the community of Oranjemund for their generous support of the fund in the past. We recently emptied the donation box at Spar and were pleasantly surprised to discover N$897.00 has been donated over the past few months. Please remember we exist for the sake of children in need. Feel free to approach anyone on the committee regarding any queries or needs.
The committee members include:
Mr Dieter Meyer, Ms Dawn Watt, Ms Chrishilde Loubser, Ms Gudrun McGregor, Ms Viviers, Ms Michelle Gray and Mr Brendan Jeoffreys

a day with a difference!

See attachment

BOOK YOUR STALL TODAY
Come and sell your wares

CRICKET CLUB AGM – DATE CHANGE   
Notice is hereby given of the AGM of the Oranjemund Cricket Club to be held on 29 September 2008 at 17:30 in the clubhouse of the Cricket Club.
Please feel free to contact any of the persons below should you wish to become a playing member of the club or need more info.
Jurg Brockman  : 234149 or 0716034450
Martin Nel         : nelmartin08@gmail.com
Annett Mostert   : annett.mostert@namdeb.com or Tel 232647 (a/h) or 238465 (o/h)

GOLF CLUB AGM
Notice is hereby given of the AGM of the Oranjemund Golf Club to be held on 29 October 2008 at 19:00 in the clubhouse of the Golf Club.

PEST CONTROL
For all your pest control needs
We offer the fumigation and control of cockroaches, ants, fleas, rats etc.
For a free quotation please contact George or Ulrich on 063-232288.

RAFFLE DRAW
Prizes
1st - GWM Multiwagen
3rd - 5 x N$ 1000.00
4th - 2 x N$ 500.00

CHEMICALS
We sell the well known WETROK products. The following products are to get your house sparkling clean and fresh:
Window cleaner, Anti Bacterial disinfectant, deodorizing disinfectant, all purpose sanitary cleaner, heavy duty alkaline cleaner, degreaser,
Deoblocks, toilet bowl acid, dishwashing liquid, bleach, hand soap, cleaner for baths, zincs & taps & washing powder.
Please contact us on 063-232288 or come to the office at the corner of 8 Street and 11th Avenue.

CHAR & CLEANING SERVICES
We offer char services, domestic cleaning as well as cleaning of windows, washing of carpets, and sealing and stripping of floors.
Please contact us at 063-232288 if you do require any of the above services.

A GOSPEL SHOW BY
THE VESSELS OF HONOUR WITH GUEST APEARANCES BY:
MN JOHNSON & !OUBASEN

WHERE: ZECHARIAS LEWALA HALL
WHEN:13 SEPTEMBER 2008
DAMAGE: N$50.00/ADULT   $25.00/CHILD
TIME : 18H00 SHARP UNTIL LATE

ORANJEMUND OFF-ROAD CLUB
Upcoming Events

4 October 2008
RALLY (Main Rally for 2008)
Entry fee:
Format:                 ± 300km event, Year MAIN EVENT, Team Racing : CT vs PE vs WINDHOEK vs ORANJEMUND
Entertainment:          Jumping Castle, Snacks, Cash Bar, Live rugby on big screen with dinner and dance

18 October 2008
DUNE RIDE

15 November 2008
DUNE RIDE

IMPORTANT:

Tickets available now

2008 SOCIAL CALENDAR
11 September                    Community Meeting @ Rec Club
12 September                    Channel 7 Casual day – assistance to Namibian senior residents 
4 October                       Rock Festival at the Hockey Club

Offline Dalene Steenkamp (Coetzee)

• 1973 - 1983
  • Oranjemunder
  • To be of service - not to be served!
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 12:55:13 PM »
Can they not add the reunion to the social dates as well?    idontknow
Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier. Friendship is a sheltering tree.

To be clever enough to get a great deal of money, one must be stupid enough to want it.

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other cannot keep it from themselves.

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2008, 12:43:05 PM »
----- Original Message -----
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Sent: Thursday, October 02, 2008 9:27 PM
Subject: Oranjemund eNews - 2 October 2008

Crazy Fit Massage machine for sale. N$3000.00. Phone: 0812375306
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Sale: Subaru Forester 2.0 Turbo
1998 - Silver Compact Crossover
OD: 142 500km
Current Road worthy and Police Clearance certificates
N$ 85 000
Tel: 232533 Heidi
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GOTH PARTY
Inviting all Goths to come out and play...
Friday, 3 October 2008
Gun Club
19:30
Entrance fee: N$10-00 per Goth
First 20 Goths to arrive gets a Gothic shot
Prize for best dressed Goth
Light meals will be available
For more information, phone 081 213 4802 / 081 231 1334
See you there

OKOVIKENGA PRINTING WORKS ADVERTISEMENT

Collin Gaochab
Business Development Officer: OSHIPE Development Fund

CRICKET CLUB AGM   
Notice is hereby given of the AGM of the Oranjemund Cricket Club to be held on 3 October 2008 at 17:30 in the clubhouse of the Cricket Club.
Please feel free to contact any of the persons below should you wish to become a playing member of the club or need more info.
Jurg Brockman   : 234149 or 0716034450
Martin Nel              : mnel@iway.na
Annett Mostert  : annett.mostert@namdeb.com or Tel 232647 (a/h) or 238465 (o/h)

OPPS OPEN DAY FOR 2009 CANDIDATES
Children born between 1 January 2004 and 31 May 2005 can come to OPPS in 2009.
All the Parents who are planning to send their children to the Oranjemund Pre-Primary School in 2009 are invited to visit the school on Friday, 10 October between 09H15 and 10H00. Please bring your children along so that they can experience “Free Choice time”. You will have the opportunity to interact with the teachers, ask questions and discuss matters regarding your child. Come to see the school and your child in action.

NDILIMANI CULTURAL TROUP
The whole Community of Oranjemund is hereby advised that the Ndilimani Cultural Troup is scheduled to perform in  Oranjemund early next month. Aaakalimo ayehe mOranjemund ota ya tseyithilwa kutya Ongndu ohiki yoongalo Ndilimani ota yi ya okuhika  mOranjemund kuyele omwedhi tagu ya.
When Uunake: Firday / Etitano 03 October 2008
Time / Ethimbo: 18h30 – Till late / sigo taku shi
Venue / Ehala: Sacharia Lewala Hall
Ticket price / Ondando yokatiketa:
Adult / Omukuluntu         = N$ 50.00
Minor / Omunona        = N$ 10.00
Tickets available at the following points / Uutiketa ota u monika pomahala taga landula:
Omuti Wakula Bar in Sands Hotel
SWAPO Party District Office
Uubvley Hostel
Oshetushaamu Miners Club
Swartkops In Touch Bar

ORANJEMUND ANGLING CLUB
This is to notify all interested parties that the OAC Club 100 draw will take place at the Oranjemund Angling Club’s Clubhouse at 19:00 on Friday 17th October 2008. Any persons still wanting to purchase tickets at N$100 per ticket must please contact jacques.dejager@namdeb.com

OTMCO VACANCIES
See attachment

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL SPORTS CLUBS IN ORANJEMUND
This is a very important notice aimed at the Chairpersons of the respective Sports Clubs in Oranjemund. OTMCo is busy with a database that encompasses relevant information regarding the operations of all Sports Clubs in Oranjemund. We therefore urge all Sports clubs to provide the following information to OTMCo:
1.      The Names of the all Executive Committee Members as at 2008
2.      Minutes of the 2008 AGM
3.      The Clubs Constitution
4.      The full schedule of activities planned for the 2008-2009
5.      A list of all active and paid up members
This information will be appreciated if it can reach the Office of the Community Development by latest 14 November 2008.
For more information please contact the:
The Community Development Officer
Ms. Aunie Gebhard
OTMCo
Tel: 239373
Fax: 239390

GOLF CLUB AGM

ORANJEMUND OFF-ROAD CLUB
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING DATE AND EVENT CHANGES FOR UPCOMING EVENTS.

3-5 OCTOBER 2008
RICHTERSFELD TRIP
We would hereby like to invite all for a weekend in the Richtersfeld. An experiance you'll never forget for the whole family.
Start:
o       Get together - camp sleep over at Brandkaros - Friday Evening 3 October 2008
o       Depart from Brandkaros to Vioolsdrift via Richtersveld - Saturday 4 October 2008 @ 07: 00
o       Trip is approximately 280km with camp over at Vioolsdrift
o       Depart from Vioolsdrift on Sunday 5 October 2008 to Oranjemund
Please note: All to bring their own food and drinks
For further details contact Dewald at 081 2699 164 or Andries van Zyl at 081 1430 321.

18 OCTOBER 2008
DUNE RIDE
Where:                         Off-Road Club
Entry:                           09h00
Scruteneering:              10h00
Start:                            10h30
Entry fee:                      N$ 20.00 P/P OR N$ 50.00 / CAR
Format:                         FAMILY EVENT IN DUNES
Entertainment:               Dune Boarding for Kids and Bring & Braai at the Club House with a Dance

31 OCTOBER 2008 & 1 SEPTEMBER 2008
DESERT 300 RALLY SPONSORED BY TREK NISSAN (Main Rally for 2008)
Scruteneering:             10h00
Entry fee:
Format:                         
FRIDAY:                       ± 300km event, Year MAIN EVENT, Team Racing : CT vs PE vs WINDHOEK vs ORANJEMUND
SATURDAY:                  ¼ MILE SPRINT, MX, MINI VASBYT, MINI RALLY AND END THE EVENT OF WITH A RIDE IN THE DUNES.
Entertainment:  BEER TENT, Jumping Castle, Snacks, Cash Bar, Live rugby on big screen with dinner and dance

15 NOVEMBER 2008
DUNE RIDE
Scruteneering:              10h00
Entry fee:                      N$ 20.00 P/P OR N$ 50.00 / CAR
Format:                         FAMILY EVENT IN DUNES
Entertainment:               Dune Boarding for Kids and Bring & Braai at the Club House with a Dance

IMPORTANT:

Tickets can be deducted  from your computer number.
Tickets available now

2008 SOCIAL CALENDAR
Saturday, 4 October             Off Road Club – Main Rally for 2008
Saturday, 1 November            Hockey Club Last Quiz Evening for 2008
8 November                      Hockey Club End Of Year Function – Theme: Dress as you wish (spiderman/fairy/rugby player/ anything goes)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oranjemund eNews payments

BL Beukes
Bank Windhoek
Oranjemund
Brach code: 481571
Account number: 1095138604
Savings account

Thank you for your support.

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »
For the 26th of November!

"ORANJEMUND CULTURAL FESTIVAL 2008

28 - 29 November 2008

Gala dinner Tickets available at OTMCo offices

(Includes Traditional Cuisine/ Delicious Three Course Buffet)

Dress Code: Formal

N$ 300-00 per couple

N$ 180-00 per Single

Various Top Entertainments

v       Jazz Expressions collaborating with Inspire

v       Namib Marimbas

v       Lady May

v       Sunny Boy

v       Crowning of Miss Oranjemund

Ticket for the Ms Oranjemund must be bought in advance to avoid disappointment.

RAFFLE TICKETS@ N$70.00 (THE PRICES TO BE WON: 1ST price: DOUBLE DOOR FRIDGE

2ND price: 3G

3RD price: X- BOX

MUSIC EXTRAVAGANZA ON FRIDAY, 28 NOVEMBER 2008 FEATURING: @N$70.00

v       Lady May

v       Sunny Boy

v       TRIPLE ADIUS

v       Onyoka Oviritje Group

v       And many more

Tickets will also be sold at door!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAVE MAC’S FAREWELL GIG

Friday, 5th December 2008

@ Shepherd’s Lodge

from 20:30

with Dave, Polla and Eddie

No cover charge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OBC BOXING CLUB

The OBC Boxing Club and Fitness Academy would like to invite all members to our Year – End Function.

Come party with us and enjoy the last boxing show of the year!

OPS Boxers and Main Bout – Shitanga (Oranjemund) vs. Tobias (Luderitz)

Venue: Boxing Club

When: Fri 28th November

Time: fights start at 7pm - party starts at 9pm

Cost: Members – FREE

Adults – N$ 10

Children – N$ 5

PADDOCKS Coffee Shoppe

Open Saturday, 6 December – 12 to 3pm

Christmas mini market!

One-time only appearance by Chip ‘n Dale!

Paddocks speciality light lunches served!

Treat yourselves to decadence with Paddocks speciality cakes!

For the little ones:

Boerewors rolls, cake specially for little ones & cooldrinks

Ø       Pony rides – 12:30 to 13:30

Ø       Tractor ride (moms & dads can join)

Please pass this on to others – and if town don’t miss out. 

There’ll be a few Christmas treats too!!

See you all there!

ORANJEMUND OFF ROAD CLUB

Dune Ride / Year End Function

06 December 2008

Steak Evening - Limited Tickets Available

Please Contact

Renè 081 280 6748

Dewald 081 2699 164

LIVE GOSPEL SHOW

Presented by Throne room Worshippers (live gospel band)

held in the Little Theatre

on the 6th of December 2008. 

Entrance is $20 for adults and $10 for kids, payable at the door.

VACANT PREMISES

The following vacant premises are being offered for rent:

USE OF PREMISES AREA    PREMISES        SIZE M²
Commercial/     Industrial Park Old JCL 81     
Light   Ninth Avenue    Burgib Office   43.20 
Industrial      Crn 11th Avenue & 9th Street    Old Bakery             

Residential     2ND Street      Plot PE7        875   
        3RD Avenue      Plot 46 375   
        Inner Crescent  Plot 345        1023   

More information regarding the premises can be obtained from the Enterprise Development and Research Coordinator at OTMCo.

Application forms can be collected from the Private Enterprise Administrator (Tel 239372) at OTMCo. 

A further requirement as part of the business plan for the Commercial/Light Industrial premises is to specify the monthly rental amount that interested parties will be prepared to pay for the premises.

The closing date for completed applications to be returned is 08 December 2008.

2008 SOCIAL CALENDAR

28 November                     Boxing Club Year End Function

28 - 29 November                Oranjemund Cultural Festival

Friday, 5 December              Dave Mac’s farewell gig

Saturday, 6 December            Off-Road Club Dune Ride & Year End Function

Saturday, 6 December    Live Gospel Show at the Little Theatre

Saturday, 6 December    Paddocks Coffee Shoppe at the Riding Club

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2009, 01:10:37 PM »
For those of you who might be interested.... Community Notices - 18th March 2009

"

LIFTS OFFERED

Lift offered to Windhoek on 18 March 2009 and back to Oranjemund on 23 March 2009. Must be willing to contribute towards fuel.
Please contact Janene 0812080351.

Lift offered to Cape Town on 5th April, returning on 9th April 2009. Must be willing contribute towards fuel costs. Please contact Stefan at 237 382 or 0812025481.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUN DAY – COME YOUNG COME ALL

Venue:  Eric Davies Youth Hall

Date:    21 March 2009

Time:    08:30 to 13:00

Activities: Car wash, trampolines, braai, compete on the soccer board and snooker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY

Otshoto Restaurant & Take Aways (at the back of Club Nitecall)

All interested entrepreneurs are informed that the premises will soon become available for rent.

All serious business individuals are invited to submit their expression of interest application letters.

Send all your applications to P Box 711, Oranjemund or drop it at Club Nitecall.

ORANJEMUND BOXING CLUB (OBC) BOXING AND FITNESS ACADEMY

The OBC would like to inform the Community about upcoming fights featuring our Boxers:

21st March         -           Tommy Hango is challenging fellow Namibian Tyson Uushona for the WBA Pan-African Lightweight Title in Windhoek.

30th March         -           Toivo Kamati is boxing in a Professional Heavyweight bout in Zimbabwe.

21st April            -           Tobias Munihango is representing Namibia as part of the National Team at the Zone 6 Championships in Lesotho.

The following week the Team will be participating in the World Championships in Canada.

We would like to appeal to the Community and local business to continue supporting our boxers.

ORANJEMUND ROTARY INTERNATIONAL CLUB (DISTRICT 9350)

The Oranjemund Rotary International club wishes to notify the community that we have some wheeal chairs that we wish to donate to those members of our community that need assistance of the sort.

Interested parties are requested to forward application letters to

Naftal Negongo Jnr @ P.O. Box 307 Oranjemund.

There are a limited number on offer so do send those applications in ASAP.

What is Rotary International, read all about it on our international website. http://www.rotary.com/

Our 4-way test       

Is it the truth?

Is it fair to all concerned?

Will it build goodwill and better friendships?

Will it be beneficial to all concerned?

CERNOLS INDEPENDENCE SPECIAL

Refer attachment

NETBALL PRACTICE

Practice days Tuesdays & Thursdays. Effective as from 24 March 2009

Time:                18h00

Venue:              Netball Court

All old and new members are welcome.

Queries please contact Evelyne @ 23 7559 (w)

ORANJEMUND SWIMMING CLUB AGM

When:   Friday 27 March 2009

Time:    17:30

Place:   Clubhouse

AGM FOR THE ORANJEMUND PLAYERS

Will be held on Tuesday 31 March 2009

At the Little Theatre at 6 pm.

Cheese and Wine will be served

All Members and interested parties are urged to attend.

SPORTSMANS BAR AND PALM COURT FOR SALE

“A well established and popular business located in centre of town”

Offered as a going concern.

For further details or viewing, interested and serious prospective entrepreneurs to contact:

Sanny at 0811249316 or Ismael at 0812402971

OLD MUTUAL – MR MERCER LEEB

I will be in Oranjemund as from 23 March 2009,  please contact me for an appointment.

Old Mutual, Namibia's biggest Life Assurer has been around for more than 80 years. During this time we have learnt how to provide valuable service, secure investments and peace of mind for our clients.

Old Mutual will not charge administrative fees on investments of more than N$ 1000 000. (Investment funds included)
You can increase or decrease income at no extra charge.
You can transfer between investments without costs.
You can invest in funds from Sanlam with Old Mutual. (Your investment is at Mutual, but the money is in Sanlam)
Old Mutual’s regular bonus fund outperformed all other investors with similar funds. The choice of where to invest is most important as it is the core of the entire investment. You must be able to beat inflation.

The Impact of Inflation -The silent assassin   

R100 spending power at retirement = R 21 spending power in 30 years time (assumes income escalation is 5% less than inflation)

R100 spending power at retirement = R 54 spending power in 30 years time (assumes income escalation is 2% less than inflation)

Rule 1: Effect of not having enough money in retirement is compounded by inflation.

Rule 2: Even if a level guaranteed annuity does provide enough income to cover expenses, you do not have enough capital to retire .

I can be contact for professional advice on:

Retirement
Voluntary Seperation (VS)
Investments
Life Insurance
Business Insurance
Last Will and Testament
Any other financial matters

Mercer Leeb

Personal Financial Advisor

Old Mutual – Namibia

Tel:  063 245404

Fax: 063-245401

Email:  a403791@oldmutual.com

FURNMART SPECIAL

SALESPERSON SPECIAL!!!!

SALESPERSON SPECIAL!!!!

PAY MORE THAN YOUR NORMAL INSTALMENT AND STAND A CHANCE TO WIN A WOOLWORTHS VOUCHER VALUED @ N$300.00

SALESPERSON SPECIAL'S UNTIL 31/03/09

NORMAL PRICE:
 DISCOUNT:
 SPECIAL PRICE:

8PCE SYMPHONY DINNING ROOM SUITE
 N$12999.00
 N$1949.00
 N$11050.00

SAMSUNG 74CM TV PLANO

N$3399.00
 N$339.00

N$3060.00

3PCE SOVEREIGN LOUNGE SUITE
 N$8499.00
 N$1274.00
 N$7225.00

SAMSUNG HT HTQ25

N$3899.00
 N$389.00

N$3510.00

KELLY DINETTE SET

N$5499.00
 N$824.00

N$4675.00

LG FRIDGE 320LT METALLIC

N$4999.00
 N$499.00

N$4500.00

PLEASE CONTACT ONE OF OUR SALESPERSONS, RICHARD OR VERONICA, FOR YOUR FURNITURE NEEDS

BUSINESS HOURS

MONDAY TO FRIDAY 08:00 - 17:00

SATURDAYS 08:00 - 14:00

TEL 063 234676