Author Topic: ANNUAL CAPE TOWN BASH - 2009  (Read 7933 times)

Offline Diana Rudd (Boehme)

• Oranjemunder
  • 1960- 1981
Re: ANNUAL CAPE TOWN BASH - 2009
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2009, 10:50:55 PM »
So whats wrong with the rest of us?????
O.P.S -1969, Springfield Convent -1970, Holy Cross Convent-1972., Centaurus-1974
I got around.

Offline goofy

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2009, 08:16:21 PM »
Nothing just stiring the pot

Offline cloete

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 10:53:04 AM »
Hi put Noddy Cloete and Jackie Willson on the list cant wait. Ask your mother inlaw she has our phone number thanks

Offline Ronelle Van Rooyen (Groenewald)

• Oranjemunder
  • U can't lead a Positive Life with a Negative Mind!
    • Delicate Elegance Events
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 11:35:27 AM »
Hi Can you please email me your address to :  luluthia@telkomsa.net
Your Subject Line:  Please add me onto O/List

I have a special division for this section.  Your address will automatically be added into the Oranjemund Guest List for any future events.
Oranjemund from  1962 - 1984
Once an Oranjemunder always an Oranjemunder at heart.

Offline Andrew Thurtell

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 08:45:55 AM »
 abouttime....hi there, count me in , i reside here in somerset west ,went to ops , resided in oranjemund from 69- 83 , have met a few ex oranjemunders here in the strand , somersetwest area , even met Mr Zandhuis (Zandy) he resides in Hermanus..he looks great., hasnt seem to have aged where we seem to have uuuuhummm..

Offline DUNJA WRBKA

• Oranjemunder
  • OPS 1978-1984
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 06:51:03 PM »
Hey is this the same Andrew that was friends with my brother Andreas Wrbka?
Don't sweat the small shit!

Offline Andrew Thurtell

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 07:24:41 AM »
 bighug HI Dunja , yes its me , how is your your boet. Would like like to get in touch  and say hi..i live here in well   actually Strand on the beach front and have my own bussiness which is in the design and software ( architectural /woodworking enginnering) area, how i managed to get that right i dont know...miss those times  and yes i remember you and your brother , how is your mom doing ? Andi never had the oppurtunity to say how sorry was about your dad ? i was unfortunately  in the army..how are you doing ?Andreas  did come see me   once in 86/87 in cape town and then that was that , then i heard he was in the german army then i never heard from him again .  Spoke to piere in France 2 months ago , he is doing great. Anytime you come to cape town plse let me now.

Offline Ronelle Van Rooyen (Groenewald)

• Oranjemunder
  • U can't lead a Positive Life with a Negative Mind!
    • Delicate Elegance Events
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2009, 08:42:16 AM »
 :emot112_2:

Hi All

I am busy organising the 2009 Get together.  Is there any other ideas you guys would like to share of where and what you would like to go / do.

I found a stunning Nature Reserve, owed by a Bushmen Tribe, on the West Coast Road. They have a stunning Bohma hidden away in the koppies, overlooking the entire ocean and surrounding area.  There we can be one with nature and have a blast, make as much noise as we want and just have good fun catching up. If the weather is bad, plan b will be the restaurant.

Due to the fact that it is rather far out, I decided it would be best to make it a whole day affair so we do not have to drive home late at night, especialy those who will be well oiled. I am also arranging for a bus service to transport us there and back.  So cars will be parked somewhere safe in either Table View or Melkbos. (Still organising this).

The package I am negotiating is the following:
1.  10:30 - Meet to be transported to Ikwatu
2.  11:00 - Game Drive
2.  12:30 - Lunch @ the Bohma
3.  20:00 - Return home

Please let me know who will be interrested.  A final date and price per person for the entire package will be forwarded as soon as I negotiated special rates..

Thanks

Ronelle
Oranjemund from  1962 - 1984
Once an Oranjemunder always an Oranjemunder at heart.

Offline Richard Davis

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2009, 02:17:00 PM »
Hi Andrew, Dunja,

Andrew, what a blast to hear of you again! I think the last time I saw you was when we were at SACS! I left the boarding house when we moved to Cape Town and you kinda disappeared! Good to hear that thing are going well with you.

Dunja, I don’t remember you that well, but I was very friendly with Andreas, must have been around std 3,4,5?? (’76-‘78) I remember Andreas well, but have not seen him since we left OPS. I particularly remember us learning our “vergelykings” and our “anglisismes” together, from pages and pages of the things. Considering that Mr. van der Bergh lived very near you guys, we did not have much choice, as we daren’t let him see us in the street the day before a test. In any event, my studying was not that successful as I remember quite vividly our conversations outside the classroom after the tests were marked. As I remember the conversations with a certain Mr. “Willie Horie”, they were somewhat one-sided and certainly painful.

Wow, the memories!!!

Richard

Offline Andrew Thurtell

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »
 sorriso2 Hi there Richard , nice to hear from you , where are you now and whats up ? i haven't heard from you since our SACS days...

Offline DUNJA WRBKA

• Oranjemunder
  • OPS 1978-1984
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 07:21:52 PM »
Hi Richard

Have wanted to email you but noticed you have not provided an email address on your profile here....  Have a pic of you and Andreas that I wanted to share with you and.  Also have Andreas's contact details to forward....
Don't sweat the small shit!

• Oranjemunder
  • 1960- 1981
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 09:05:44 PM »
Ronelle...Please don't get me wrong here,nothing wrong with your idea.This is just my opinion and input.
I think that this re-union should not only be advertised via this forum but also by word of mouth. One connects with 1or2or3 people from each era to contact the people they know. This way reaching a wide range of ex-O'munders. That person or persons would be responsible for that group. I would even have a cover charge of say R30..00per head to cover costs. This way the people won't be inclined to back out at the last moment.
I also think that it should take the shape of a cocktail type dance affair. Concentrate on the Cape Townians and you'll find the rest will fall in. Hire a hall and get a band. Johan Krige has already offered to get the old O'mund Band "Bad Apple" to play. He is part of the band so I would not have thought there would be any cost involved there. I have heard them recently and they would be just great. I would have the decor themed around O'mund....eg: a scene crossing the bridge at the entrance and perhaps an arial view of the town on the facing front wall.
Debby and I would only be to happy to help you put this to-gether.
As I said early this is just what I think.
I will be supporting whatever you decide to do.
O.P.S -1969, Springfield Convent -1970, Holy Cross Convent-1972., Centaurus-1974
I got around.

Offline Chris Macpherson

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 10:18:07 PM »
Brilliant idea Ronelle. Also good @ Diana,  Perhaps local like last year which I only heard about 3 days after the event took place....   Now you can put Chris and Val on the list to attend thanx....

Offline SandyB

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund 1956 - 1980 now in Woodstock Cape Town
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2009, 10:34:22 PM »
Actually  for me .. a casual  evening bash ...  really a whole day ..   a good braai  and get together ..  easy ...
To see  sometimes  requires that you  first believe .

• Oranjemunder
  • 1960- 1981
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2009, 10:57:41 PM »
Also a nice idea Sandy.
I got around.