Author Topic: Honey  (Read 2507 times)

Offline Mike Stenson

• Oranjemunder
  • Still in Oranjemund
Honey
« on: September 06, 2008, 08:10:30 AM »
Honey:
FACTS ON HONEY AND CINNAMON
It is found that a mixture of honey and cinnamon cures most Diseases. Honey is produced in most of the countries of the world. Scientists of today also accept honey as a "Ram Ban" (very effective) medicine for all kinds of diseases. Honey can be used without any side Effects for any kind of diseases.
Today's science says that even though honey is sweet, if taken in the right dosage as a medicine, it does not harm diabetic patients. Weekly World News, a Magazine in Canada , on its issue dated 17 January, 1995 has given the following list of diseases that can be cured by honey and cinnamon as researched by western scientists:
HEART DISEASES:
Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder, apply on bread, instead of jelly and jam, and eat it regularly for breakfast. It reduces the cholesterol in the arteries and saves the patient from heart attack. Also, those who have already had an attack, if they do this Process daily they are kept miles away from the next attack. Regular use of the above process relieves loss of breath and strengthens the heart beat. In America and Canada , various nursing homes have treated patients successfully and have found that as you age, the arteries and veins lose their flexibility and get
clogged; honey and cinnamon revitalize the arteries and veins.
 ARTHRITIS:
 Arthritis patients may take daily, morning, and night, One cup of hot water with two spoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. If taken regularly even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, They found that within a week, out of the 200 people so treated, practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain, and within a month, mostly all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis started walking without pain.
BLADDER INFECTIONS:
 Take two tablespoons of cinnamon powder and one teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink it. It destroys the germs in the bladder.
TOOTHACHE:
 Make a paste of one teaspoon of cinnamon powder and five teaspoons of honey and apply on the aching tooth. This may be applied three times a day until the tooth stops aching.
CHOLESTEROL:
Two tablespoons of honey and three teaspoons of cinnamon powder mixed in 16 ounces of tea water, given to a cholesterol patient were found to reduce the level of cholesterol in the blood by 10 percent within two hours. As mentioned for arthritic patients, if taken three times a day, any chronic cholesterol is cured. According to information received in the said Journal, pure honey taken with food daily relieves complaints of cholesterol. By the way, if you're taking cholesterol medicine, STOP! They all contain STATIN which weaken your muscles...including YOUR
HEART and none has been shown to stop heart attacks or strokes!!!!
COLDS:
Those suffering from common or severe colds should take one tablespoon lukewarm honey with 1/4 spoon cinnamon powder daily for three days. This process will cure most chronic cough, cold, and clear the sinuses.
UPSET STOMACH:
 Honey taken with cinnamon powder cures stomach ache and also clears stomach ulcers from the root.

GAS:
According to the studies done in India and Japan , it is revealed that if honey is taken with cinnamon powder the stomach is relieved of gas.
 IMMUNE SYSTEM:
Daily use of honey and cinnamon powder strengthens the immune system and protects the body from bacterial and viral attacks. Scientists have found that honey has various vitamins and iron in large amounts. Constant Use of honey strengthens the white blood corpuscles to
fight bacterial and viral diseases.
INDIGESTION:
Cinnamon powder sprinkled on two tablespoons of honey taken before food relieves acidity and digests the heaviest of meals.
INFLUENZA:
A scientist in Spain has proved that honey contains a natural ingredient which kills the influenza germs and Saves the patient from flu.
LONGEVITY:
Tea made with honey and cinnamon powder, when taken regularly, arrests the ravages of old age. Take four spoons of honey, one spoon of cinnamon powder and three cups of water and boil to make like tea. Drink 1/4 cup, three to four times a day. It keeps the skin fresh and soft and arrests old age. Life spans also increases and even a 100 year old, starts performing the chores of a 20-year-old.
PIMPLES:
Three tablespoons of honey and one teaspoon of cinnamon powder paste. Apply this paste on the pimples before sleeping and wash it next morning with warm water. If done daily for two weeks, it removes pimples from the root.
SKIN INFECTION:
 Applying honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts on the affected parts, cures eczema, ringworm and all types of skin infections.
 WEIGHT LOSS:
 Daily in the morning one half hour before breakfast on an empty stomach and at night before sleeping, drink honey and cinnamon powder boiled in one cup of water. If taken regularly, it reduces the weight of even the most obese person. Also, drinking this mixture regularly does not allow the fat to accumulate in the body even though the person may eat a high calorie diet.
CANCER:
 Recent research in Japan and Australia has revealed that advanced cancer of the stomach and bones have been cured successfully. Patients suffering from these kinds of cancer should daily take one tablespoon of honey with one teaspoon of cinnamon powder for one month three times a day.
 FATIGUE:
Recent studies have shown that the sugar content of honey is more helpful rather than being detrimental to the strength of the body. Senior citizens, who take honey and cinnamon powder in equal parts, are more alert and flexible. Dr. Milton, who has done research, says that a half tablespoon of honey taken in a glass of water and sprinkled with cinnamon powder, taken daily after brushing and in the afternoon at about 3:00 p.m. when the vitality of the body starts to decrease, increases the vitality of the body within a week.
 BAD BREATH:
People of South America, first thing in the morning, gargle with one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder mixed in hot water, so their breath stays fresh throughout the day.
 HEARING LOSS:
 Daily morning and night honey and cinnamon powder, taken in equal parts restore hearing
"Computers are like air conditioning, Nether work when you open windows !"

Offline georgswa (Georg Ruf)

• Georg Ruf known as George 3 Plt Electric
  • Oranjemunder
  • Mai 1973- Nov 1979, Players, Camera Club
    • My Homepage
Re: Honey
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:45:06 AM »
I found that article Effects of Cinnamon on Diabetes

Just half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day significantly reduces blood sugar levels in diabetics, a new study has found. The effect, which can be produced even by soaking a cinnamon stick your tea, could also benefit millions of non-diabetics who have blood sugar problem but are unaware of it.

The discovery was initially made by accident, by Richard Anderson at the US Department of Agriculture's Human Nutrition Research Center in Beltsville, Maryland.

"We were looking at the effects of common foods on blood sugar," he told New Scientist. One was the American favourite, apple pie, which is usually spiced with cinnamon. "We expected it to be bad. But it helped," he says.

Sugars and starches in food are broken down into glucose, which then circulates in the blood. The hormone insulin makes cells take in the glucose, to be used for energy or made into fat.

But people with Type 1 diabetes do not produce enough insulin. Those with Type 2 diabetes produce it, but have lost sensitivity to it. Even apparently healthy people, especially if they are overweight, sedentary or over 25, lose sensitivity to insulin. Having too much glucose in the blood can cause serious long-term damage to eyes, kidneys, nerves and other organs.

Molecular mimic
The active ingredient in cinnamon turned out to be a water-soluble polyphenol compound called MHCP. In test tube experiments, MHCP mimics insulin, activates its receptor, and works synergistically with insulin in cells.

To see if it would work in people, Alam Khan, who was a postdoctoral fellow in Anderson's lab, organised a study in Pakistan. Volunteers with Type 2 diabetes were given one, three or six grams of cinnamon powder a day, in capsules after meals.

All responded within weeks, with blood sugar levels that were on average 20 per cent lower than a control group. Some even achieved normal blood sugar levels. Tellingly, blood sugar started creeping up again after the diabetics stopped taking cinnamon.

The cinnamon has additional benefits. In the volunteers, it lowered blood levels of fats and "bad" cholesterol, which are also partly controlled by insulin. And in test tube experiments it neutralised free radicals, damaging chemicals which are elevated in diabetics.

Buns and pies
"I don't recommend eating more cinnamon buns, or even more apple pie - there's too much fat and sugar," says Anderson. "The key is to add cinnamon to what you would eat normally."

The active ingredient is not in cinnamon oils. But powdered spice can be added to toast, cereal, juice or coffee.

Anderson's team were awarded patents related to MHCP in 2002. But the chemical is easily obtained. He notes that one of his colleagues tried soaking a cinnamon stick in tea. "He isn't diabetic - but it lowered his blood sugar," Anderson says.

The group now plans to test even lower doses of cinnamon in the US, and also look at long-term blood sugar management with the spice.
Regards Georg Ruf Stuttgart Germany
My video channels:
http://www.livevideo.com/Georgswa 
http://georgswa.ning.com/
My Homepages
http://www.dersofaladen.de/home/
http://www.dersofaladen.de/georg/html/home2.html
Win Live Mess:........ ageorgruf@aol.com
Liv

Offline Bertie Horak

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:34:58 PM »
Thanks Mike S & Georg Snr for the great articles.

I suggest that cinnamon is used in its more unprocessed form - try to buy the sticks, rather than the powder.  Unfortunately, when you buy the powder, you don't know what you get, and some of the polyphenols and essential oils will definitely be lost during the processing of large amounts of powder due to excessive heating and evaporation.  Furthermore, there are two Cinnamon trees, with one containing more of the active chemicals.  The sticks are usually from the better one - Cinnamomum zeylanicum.

Having cinnamon with your oats in the morning makes it more palatable and reduces the need for sugar to improve the taste.  Voila!

The oils have also been used by a hospital in Israel in their air conditioning system - it proved valuable in preventing the spread of disease from one area to another due to antiseptic properties.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 02:16:55 PM by Bertie Horak »
Oranjemund 1965-1982.

Offline georgswa (Georg Ruf)

• Georg Ruf known as George 3 Plt Electric
  • Oranjemunder
  • Mai 1973- Nov 1979, Players, Camera Club
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »
Hi Bertie

I can see your point. How do you mince, crush, grind the sticks, or do you mean eating the stick ????
Regards Georg Ruf Stuttgart Germany
My video channels:
http://www.livevideo.com/Georgswa 
http://georgswa.ning.com/
My Homepages
http://www.dersofaladen.de/home/
http://www.dersofaladen.de/georg/html/home2.html
Win Live Mess:........ ageorgruf@aol.com
Liv

Offline Bertie Horak

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:15:38 PM »
I have a small grater hanging on the bottle with my cinnamon sticks, but you can draw the sticks like tea, added whole (directly when cooking food), or use them grated.
Oranjemund 1965-1982.

Offline SandyB

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund 1956 - 1980 now in Woodstock Cape Town
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 03:28:43 PM »
I eat the sticks if they been used in cooking .. eg a curry .. or if infused and reasonably softened .. down the hatch ..  also all the other whole spices  whole cardamom etc used in curry go the same route ..  .people say i have strange tastes .. at dinners i am a garnish scavenger .. the fennel leaves  rosemary ,parsley ., lavender, nasturtium leaves and flowers .. anything ..   in fact any edible garnish  gets raided by me if they dont want it .. my favourite is rosemary ... I will  readily strip 2- 3 sprigs by sticking the sprig in mouth and just closing teeth and pulling  and chew it up .. most  people cannot handle its strong taste .. for me its nice ..  I like bitter herbs .. and apparently has health benefits ...
To see  sometimes  requires that you  first believe .

Offline Bertie Horak

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 05:07:34 PM »
Same here, Sandy!  You have a point regarding bitter herbs - The bitter herbs in general have great medicinal value, either through direct hepatic (liver) stimulation/support, or indirectly with a reflex action involving many other body systems.  The liver has such a great number of functions, that it makes sense that bitter herbs that stimulate/support it, should have a vast effect on general health.  For instance, as a student we had to investigate the effect the liver has on the emotions.  It was quite an eye-opener!
Oranjemund 1965-1982.

Offline Julie Vice (Willson)

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 05:21:41 PM »
Thanks guys, very interesting articles. I printed them off for my dad to read who has the early stages of diabetes.

He's had to change his diet and for a man who has a very sweet tooth, cutting out the sweeties has not been too bad but it's the BierSuip we have to keep an eye on.

thnx
Better to burn out then fade away!

Offline Dalene Steenkamp (Coetzee)

• 1973 - 1983
  • Oranjemunder
  • To be of service - not to be served!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 08:23:40 PM »
I know for a fact that a mixture of honey and a "tea" brewed from peach leaves work wonders to heal deep cuts and some open wounds on my horses.  I got the recipe for this cure from an old friend of mine, who also happens to be a chyropractitioner.  He also told me that a friend of him, who is a diabetic, uses this mixture on himself for cuts and bruises and it works much faster than anything else.   @Bertie  -  maybe you can make some comment on this?
Life becomes harder for us when we live for others, but it also becomes richer and happier. Friendship is a sheltering tree.

To be clever enough to get a great deal of money, one must be stupid enough to want it.

Those who bring sunshine to the lives of other cannot keep it from themselves.

Offline pam spackman

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 11:13:28 PM »
Thanks for that guys,as I have high cholestrol and am on statins,they say iti's hereditary,will definately
try the cinnemon as I love it! Will see what happens cheers

Offline Florrie van Zyl (Muir)

• Kimberley
  • Oranjemunder
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 06:20:08 PM »
Just phoned my mom to give her this recipe, she is suffering with arthritis and those pills she drinks (not sure of the name but something to do with gold) are expensive and not covered by the medical aid. Also going to drink this, suffer a lot with bladder infections.
OPS 1969-1975, Centaurus 1975-1980

Offline DUNJA WRBKA

• Oranjemunder
  • OPS 1978-1984
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 08:15:29 AM »
@ Florrie

Have you tried Cranberry Capsules for your bladder infections? 
Don't sweat the small shit!

Offline Bertie Horak

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 08:54:11 AM »
@ Dunja/Florrie - cranberry definitely good for bladder infections, and then there's also the good old "Buchu" (Agathosma betulina) which has been used for centuries for bladder infections.  However, if the bladder infections are associated by kidney infections/disease as well, be careful of too much of these, it could stimulate the kidneys into exhaustion, in stead of supporting it!
Oranjemund 1965-1982.

Offline Florrie van Zyl (Muir)

• Kimberley
  • Oranjemunder
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 12:47:15 AM »
Thanks for the advice, do try to drink cranberry juice but haven't tried the capsules, will get some.
OPS 1969-1975, Centaurus 1975-1980