Author Topic: Anyone know what happened to CHris?  (Read 2195 times)

Offline SandyB

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund 1956 - 1980 now in Woodstock Cape Town
Re: Anyone know what happened to CHris?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 04:27:45 PM »
Cheeky  so and  so .. just got a PM  from  him it  reads ,,,

You have just been sent a personal message by Chris Macpherson on ORANJEMUND ONLINE FORUM.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

u should be working??? numberone

Reply to this Personal Message here: http://www.oranjemundonline.com/Forum/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;f=inbox;pmsg=13270;quote;u=421

My  reply  was to the  effect  of  where  you been  hiding  number 2 ..  its the  end of the  day  and I'm goofing off a  bit ..

OK  CHRIS .. WELCOME  BACK  .. YOU  STILL ON  FORM .. 
To see  sometimes  requires that you  first believe .

Offline Leon Sumter

• Oranjemunder
Re: Anyone know what happened to CHris?
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 07:48:25 PM »
Hi Wayne
Thanks for those kind words.
OM was good to me and gave me many opportunities to study which fortunately I used and this has given me steady employment over the years.
I am 56 now and hope to retire in 4 yrs time.
Life has treated me well thus far, of course my life is nothing as exciting (and dangerous) as yours. You must be an adrenalin junkie by the sounds of things.
Briefly.......
Toni and I split up in August '82.
I left OM in late '82 and have worked at Wingfield Technical College (Now Northlink College) ever since.
I manage skills training in the Wingfield Campus.
Remarried in 1984.
My second son Christopher has just graduated with a Business Science Degree for UCT.
My first son David is doing very well and works for Cisco Computers in Pretoria. He does skydiving as a hobby by the way.
I remember your Dad very well and I recall how passionate he was about passing on skills to the electrical appies
What was his radio ham call sign again?
I see that your sis Sharon eventually married Terry.
There are quite a few old OMders in CT and if and when Pepe gets to visit CT I would like to arrange a get together.
Otherwise Wayne, go well and take care my friend.
Best regards
Leon