Author Topic: The Springboks!  (Read 11241 times)

Offline Bev Burchell

• Oranjemunder
Re: The Springboks!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2007, 12:29:32 PM »
 :'(  Ok .. what can I say... my sharks got "munched" but hey I will support them through thick and thin!  Just glad SA is doing so well in the WC.  I watched the game against England at Peddlars and boy was it festive.... there was one lone POM walking around mouthing it off... but he was silenced very quickly!!

Offline Pete

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2007, 06:15:44 PM »
The Oranjemund connection at the Rugby World Cup ~ Dan Shout & Mary, Bryan Habana, Gert Smal and the Johnny Clegg band!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2007, 06:18:58 PM by Pete »

Offline barb (Fry)

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund born and bred. WGHS (1977-!981)
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2007, 08:48:49 PM »
had an offer of 4 tickets to the south african tonga game yesterday but it was my one saturday in 4 to work so boohoo, what a game - never mind.  The boys are still in it. 
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix

Offline Keith Margetts

• Oranjemunder
  • Keith Margetts
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2007, 01:09:29 AM »
Wow . . . the bokke nealy made this new Canadian poop in my pants . . . geez 30-25 against Tonga is almost as bad as a loss.

Still rooting for the lads, after 12 years away!!

Keith.

Offline Richard Opperman

• Cape Town
  • Oranjemunder
  • Life Is A Marathon Not A Sprint !
    • www.amazipro.co.za
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2007, 04:21:59 PM »
Say no more Keith  :-[ - but a big wake-up call - according to the papers today they are fielding a much stronger side to play the USA -warm - up for the quarters and semis!

Love to Wendy and the girls.

Richard
OPS 1961-1968. Huguenot High 1969-1973.
Military Service Jan 1974-June 1975.
Worked in Oranjemund July 1975-March 1979.

Life's journey is not to
arrive at the grave safely
in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways,
totally worn out, shouting
'..holy sh*t ..what a ride!

Offline Claire Mc Cullagh

• Oranjemunder
  • o-mund from Sep 1981-Oct 1992
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2007, 04:27:11 PM »
I rooting for the springboks this year - I got them in the draw at work and stand to win 50 if they win.

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2007, 10:17:29 PM »
NAMIBIA only lost to France coz, that was their second side apparently..... We are gonna moer Georgia 2morrow.... (broadcast at 17h15 folks)

;D
OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

Offline Keith Margetts

• Oranjemunder
  • Keith Margetts
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 04:48:37 AM »
Thanks Oppie,

And my best wishes to you, Debby, Brad and Meghan . . . (hope I got the kid's name right . . . I'm going senile, boet!!)

Go the Bokke . . . they should wipe out the USA, because even Canada gives them a slugging!!

Looking forward to seeing the Bokke in the semis . . .

Keith.

Offline Paul Alexander

• Oranjemunder
  • OK, I've followed Suite - Here's Me Now @ work
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 02:22:57 PM »
Hey, Claire, you may as well claim your 50 now laready, what you gonna spend it on?

Offline Claire Mc Cullagh

• Oranjemunder
  • o-mund from Sep 1981-Oct 1992
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2007, 03:26:47 PM »
VODKA........................only joking.  might be sencible this year and get some Beer for Frank and Vodka..

Offline Richard Opperman

• Cape Town
  • Oranjemunder
    • www.amazipro.co.za
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2007, 07:12:33 PM »
Two teams I do not like played today - Australia v England and we all know who won.

Serves Australia right for thinking of the semis before finishing the quarters.  :D

Concrats to England you out played Australia in the loose and scrums and it prooves to be in a difficult pool play off.
I wonder was England really k#k against SA or were wee too good? Yes we were too good!

The All Blacks next week are a different ball game or did they also have a easy pool?

Maybe SA v England final?

Life's journey is not to

Offline barb (Fry)

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund born and bred. WGHS (1977-!981)
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2007, 07:27:29 PM »
MAYBE!!!!!!!!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »
Australia deserved to lose and England did what was expected of being English......

:-\
OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

bobbysmith

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2007, 09:04:34 PM »
entertaining as it was,await your fate the lions,as predicted on the forum,back check my predidction,THE BOKS V ALL BLACKS,A WIN FOR THE BOKS IN THE FINAL,any takers,rich ,im on skype tomorrow if you fancy a chat,if ever i need an excuse to get pissed,i have one today,it would of been my moms 82 nd birthday,so here goes mom,another slurp for you,stay well old buds,plenty good health to you all,love bobby xx

Offline Richard Opperman

• Cape Town
  • Oranjemunder
    • www.amazipro.co.za
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »
"Did they also have an easy pool?" as I quoted above.

French 20 v NZ18. What can I say, but well done to the French!  :o The runners-up have turned the Word Cup upside down. No more South V South final!  :-\

I hope the Bokke take notice and play each game as a final and stick to the game plan. This is a wake-up call!

What happened to the All Blacks? Chokers? Where was their normal game plan?  ??? Play rugby not ping pong!

Looks like the French coach took some tips from the Tri-nations, using bokke game plan - defend like shit and when the opportunity comes attack? French 124 tackles to All Black 36 tackles!

Bokke rattled the All Blacks like this in some games - All Blacks go to pieces if their plan does not work, cannot operate under pressure.  ;D

Who are the All Blacks going to blame now?  :'(
In 1995 they blame food poisoning - look at the sports section in todays Sunday Times and read the article "In NZ, All Blacks are all-mighty" - in the article it mentions -quote - that they might blame the French for purposely choosing the Dark Blue jersey to take away some mythical power inherent to the All Black's black jersey - a sort of polyester kryptonite? The NZ media seems to think so.. - unquote.

When will the All Blacks learn?
You can be the best in the world, walk over all teams, have number 1 ranking at the World Cup, have  impressive try scoring records against mino teams (Ausralia the same), but if you do not have the Web Ellis cup all this does not count!
Too much hype  - no play! Rather be an under dog!

I do not want to be a All Black going home today - will have to creap into the land of the long white cloud, via the back door.  ;D
May be in 2011 (World Cup in New Zealand) the All Blacks will win because it seems they can only play under pressure at home - 1987 -20 years ago their last win was in New Zealand.

Enough of the slay ting - getting as bad as the Australian and English teams.  :D

Bokke play hard - watch out for mino teams - Argentina th Dark Horse!

Go Bokke!

My Blood is Green!
Richard

PS. Michael an ex Omunder - Ingo Machts, primary, high school and 1st Signal Regiment with me in the 70s - coaches the under 19 Cheetahs - the future Cheetahs and as you know Sharks and which ever other province poaches them.

Life's journey is not to