Author Topic: good story  (Read 1114 times)

Offline henniek

• Oranjemunder
good story
« on: March 07, 2013, 11:09:24 AM »
Who said there were no good stories in the newspapers anymore?

PERTH - An  SAS trooper collecting toys for children was stabbed when he  helped stop a suspected shoplifter in east Perth. The  'Toys-R-Us' Store Manager told 'The West Australian' that a  man was seen on surveillance cameras last Friday putting a  laptop under his jacket at the store.

When confronted, the man  became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran  toward the door. Outside were four SAS Troopers collecting  toys for the "Toys For Tots" program. Smith said the Troopers  stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them in the back. Fortunately the cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect however was transported by ambulance to the Royal Perth Hospital with two broken arms,  a broken leg, possible broken ribs, multiple contusions, and assorted lacerations including a broken nose and jaw ...  Injuries he apparently sustained when he tripped whilst trying to run after the stabbing.  One of the Troopers said, "He  was a clumsy bastard."
 affe-red

Offline Mike Voden

• Oranjemunder
Re: good story
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 01:09:01 PM »
Oh dear me, did the suspect trip over a matchstick..............???????????
Oranjemund Nov 1981 - Nov 2008    image11a

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »
and if that had happened in good old SA, those four Reccies (SAS) would be sitting in jail now for assault ..... makes you think........

msn emoticon (224)
OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

Offline toonfandangl

• Oranjemunder
  • I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2013, 02:01:49 AM »
You do not mess around with these guys!....................... at your own peril!

Mark Gregor Strang Donaldson VC (born 2 April 1979) is the first recipient of theVictoria Cross for Australia, awarded for gallantry, the highest award in the Australian honours system. He is the first Australian recipient of a Victoria Cross since Keith Payne in 1969. Then Trooper Donaldson was a member of the Special Air Service Regiment when he exposed himself to enemy fire to protect injured troops and then rescued an interpreter under heavy enemy fire in the Battle of Khaz Oruzgan duringOperation Slipper, the Australian contribution to the War in Afghanistan. He was presented with the medal by the Governor-General of Australia, Quentin Bryce, in a ceremony in Canberra on 16 January 2009.[1] On 25 January 2010, Donaldson was named the Young Australian of the Year 2010.[2] He was promoted to corporal in June 2010.

Freedom is the freedom to say two plus two makes four. If this is granted then all else follows".......George Orwell 1984........UTRINQUE PARATUS.

Offline toonfandangl

• Oranjemunder
  • I'm as old as my tongue and a little older than my
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2013, 03:00:18 AM »
Might be him and his mate were with the other Guys

Benjamin "Ben" Roberts-Smith VC, MG (born 1 November 1978) is an Australian soldier and a recipient of the Victoria Cross for Australia, the highest award in the Australian honours system.[1] His Victoria Cross, together with his Medal for Gallantry awarded during a tour of Afghanistan in 2006, make Roberts-Smith the most highly decorated currently serving member of the Australian Defence Force and any other Commonwealth army.
Roberts-Smith was awarded the Victoria Cross for Australia for his actions during a helicopter assault into Tizak on 11 June 2010 as part of an offensive in the Shah Wali Kot region, while serving with the Special Air Service Regiment during the War in Afghanistan.[2] He was presented with the medal by the Governor-General of Australia, Quentin Bryce, in a ceremony in Perth on 23 January 2011.[3] In 2006, Roberts-Smith was awarded the Medal for Gallantry for a previous action in Afghanistan.

Freedom is the freedom to say two plus two makes four. If this is granted then all else follows".......George Orwell 1984........UTRINQUE PARATUS.

Offline henniek

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 09:57:16 PM »
another good story. RSA purchased 26 Fighter planes . 16 being mothballed since delivery . ten is operational. But we have only six pilots qualified to fly them . It is reported that those will be grounded shortly ,[ we know :  because the pilots being of wrong colour ] , But the authorities say that it is because of  cuts in airforce fuel budget that they have to ground the fighters .

Offline henniek

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »
Noticed in the pony press that ex Oranjemunder being sued by ex fiancÚ for 6 million rands - he the Former owner of  [clothing ? black diamond  ]  shop - she apparently had a hairdressing salon in OM .

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2014, 06:25:00 PM »
Hahaha! had to laugh at that, he was in town about a month ago, anyway, I was at Spar when the magazines arrived on Sunday, you should have seen the locals making a grab for the You and Huisgenoot, boy! were those tongues wagging......  a double page article nogal!

allgood
OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

Offline henniek

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2015, 09:38:51 PM »
was his   mentor. knew him very well.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:20:15 PM by henniek »