Author Topic: Locals start receiving "Offer to Purchase Company Housing" letters!  (Read 248 times)

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
On Monday, various parties were present to witness the signing of a 90 page MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) between the mine and the OTC (Oranjemund Town Council) , for some obscure reason, the 90 page document will not be made available for public scrutiny which only feeds the desire of of many members of the public to know what is actually in it.... afterall mhy allt he cloak and daggers if the OTC is representation of the public of Oranjemund?

Nevertheless...

Town Folk started to receive their letters to purchase the buildings they currently occupy....

Some are happy and are excited by the prospect of becoming property owners...
Others feel they are being forced into this..... claiming that they have been told that if they do not buy, the premises will be offered to others...
Ans some feel the buildings are overpriced, yet some feel they are picking up a bargain....

My opinion? For once, the less said the better......

OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
Re: Locals start receiving "Offer to Purchase Company Housing" letters!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 04:58:45 PM »
Spoke to a number of people in Spar today, all were excited about the opportunity to buy an old mine house, the banks stepping up to finance......

In retrospect, seeing how crazy some parts of the world have become, it might be nice to live in a quiet corner of the desert next to a lazy river with the odd bok wandering past your gate...

Offline Bertie Horak

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 05:25:09 AM »
 ThatStinks2 I did not receive an "Offer to Purchase" for E10/11.  pls
Oranjemund 1965-1982.

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 08:20:12 AM »
Bertie! it's time you came back for a visit..... The Hydroponics has turned into a massive Fruit & Veg project.... hear it's about to expand.....

I wonder who is living in E10/11th?  , wonder if they are interested in buying the house....   :ciupa1:

Offline Bertie Horak

• Oranjemunder
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 07:18:49 PM »
How dare they! E10/11 is MINE!  Seriously, can people from outside not buy houses yet?
By the way... I bet we stayed in E10/11 longer than the current occupants. We stayed there at least 14 years if I remember correctly.
I had a look at the goings on at the hydroponics when I was there last time and saw somebody's doing stuff there... I still have my eye on a patch of soil where the river makes a bend towards the sea - perfect for a patch of medicinal herbs and a plant for processing the "Green Oryx" natural medicine range, Oranjemund's own...  pls
Oranjemund 1965-1982.