Author Topic: Springbok Coach and The Springbok Emblem 2008!  (Read 960 times)

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
Springbok Coach and The Springbok Emblem 2008!
« on: January 11, 2008, 11:54:52 AM »
Well the Springbok circus continues into 2008, who is happy with the new coach, Peter de Villiers, and who has any comments to make on the emblem saga?

I already see a few people wanting to start supporting the Pumas and will vote with their wallets. The big thing for me is how they could ever have let Jake go. If it ain't broken, don't change it.....

:36_2_24:
OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988

Offline Cheleen Koekemoer(Pretorius)

• Oranjemunder
Re: Springbok Coach and The Springbok Emblem 2008!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 12:52:08 PM »
BOKWAGTER...SAY NO MORE
Life is given to us one day at a time.  Don’t look back and grieve about the past, for it is gone.  Do not be troubled by die future, as God will provide.  Live for today and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering….

Offline barb (Fry)

• Oranjemunder
  • Oranjemund born and bred. WGHS (1977-!981)
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 05:55:20 PM »
Mike, correct me if I'm wrong but I understood that Jakes contract was up, and he needed to reapply (standard Procedure).
He didn't reapply so was released according to his contract.
Unfortunately this happened during the RWC so got bad publicity, he should have read the contract and renegotiated before signing originally.

Do you know if he reapplied - or left on a high note hoping for a better deal with a differant team ???????

idontknow
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. Jimi Hendrix

Offline Spikkels

• Oranjemunder
  • VRYSTAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 08:11:10 PM »
Barb - Applications closed while the Joker was still in France with the squad.
I was never a big fan of the Joker but I have to admit/agree that he got a raw deal from the politicians in SARVU.

I can not speak for his "hopes" for a good deal elsewhere but I will gladly see him get paid more than Parreira (soccer) and beat the blue hell out of the Boks just to rub the politicians' noses in their own arrogance.
The asses will only stop if Rugby is at about the same level as soccer in the RSA and they have bled the last penny out of it.

The ANC is now doing exactly that which they bayed sport sanctions over in the [good ?] old days.
((They learned well from their ertswhile mortal enemies))

Mike - they can now {PLEAAASEEE} change the emblem and colours as the hero's of the green and gold of old will only be made a joke of with what is coming.

I see on Keo that Corne Krige says that (7) lean years are awaiting the Boks.
ORANJE BLANJE CHEETAH

Offline Michael Alexander

• Administrator
  • Oranjemunder
    • Oranjemund Online
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 08:36:41 PM »
Spikkels as you know, I was 'nt a Joke White fan either, however he produced the result.... and should have been allowed to extend his contract.... Look at the fiasco about Heyneke Meyers  application for the job.... pathetic... they just used him to make up the numbers.....

OPS 1976-1982 : CBC 1982-1988